PDA

View Full Version : The Lull Before The T-Day Storm.

Gingersnap
11-26-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm taking this opportunity to relax and unwind before the big day tomorrow. I'm feeling vaguely resentful because our neighbors have their Christmas lights on and mine look a lot better but I'm holding off until December 1st, at least.

I had a rotten week but it's looking better now. Whatcha doing?

JB
11-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Are they not turning your electricity back on until the first? :confused:

Debating whether or not I want to go out tonight. It's looking like not but the phone hasn't rung yet so we'll see.

Wretched Excess
11-26-2008, 07:59 PM
look on the bright side, Snap. it was this time not too many years ago that you were halfway insane because you couldn't vacuum snow.:rolleyes:

:cool::D

BadCat
11-26-2008, 08:03 PM
look on the bright side, Snap. it was this time not too many years ago that you were halfway insane because you couldn't vacuum snow.:rolleyes:

:cool::D

At least she knows her stove isn't on.

Wretched Excess
11-26-2008, 08:07 PM

and the squirrels aren't attacking.:D

Gingersnap
11-26-2008, 08:11 PM

I still hate you. You realize those Mexican sack candles are probably going to make every particulate monitor within five miles blow the air quality standard, right? Plus, your whole house might go up in flames.

Just sayin'. :p

Wretched Excess
11-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I still hate you. You realize those Mexican sack candles are probably going to make every particulate monitor within five miles blow the air quality standard, right? Plus, your whole house might go up in flames.

Just sayin'. :p

wishing fire on a guy. niiiice.:rolleyes::D

BadCat
11-26-2008, 08:32 PM
wishing fire on a guy. niiiice.:rolleyes::D

It's justified, WE.

After what I did to her yesterday.

Gingersnap
11-26-2008, 08:56 PM
It's justified, WE.

After what I did to her yesterday.

I really did call my neighbor, you heartless fiend. :mad:

Wretched Excess
11-26-2008, 09:04 PM
I really did call my neighbor, you heartless fiend. :mad:

okay. i haven't been here long enough to know where the tripwires are on this one. I am backing away . . . .:D

Gingersnap
11-26-2008, 09:05 PM
okay. i haven't been here long enough to know where the tripwires are on this one. I am backing away . . . .:D

He asked me if my stove was turned off. Hello? OCD? :(

JB
11-26-2008, 09:09 PM
He asked me if my stove was turned off. Hello? OCD? :(I see you did some modding. There's a couple more posts there again.

Gingersnap
11-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I see you did some modding. There's a couple more posts there again.

Now I hate you. :mad:

JB
11-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Now I hate you. :mad:I just wanted to get in on the poke-an-OCDer pile on. It's fun. I hope you hit "refresh" three times before you figured out I was lying.

Who else on CU has it? :D

Gingersnap
11-26-2008, 09:25 PM
I just wanted to get in on the poke-an-OCDer pile on. It's fun. I hope you hit "refresh" three times before you figured out I was lying.

Who else on CU has it? :D

Wretch...............

Wretched Excess
11-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Wretch...............

don't blame ME because you tried to vaccum snow.:rolleyes:

(I am not trying to create controversy, but I'm not sure that my efforts are working)

asdf2231
11-26-2008, 09:59 PM
We decided last minute to go out for dinner and on the way to the family diner I turned on a whim and went 1/2 a mile up the road to a Saloon/Dinner place that I had driven by a bunch of times.

Oh. My. God.

This place is an official new favorite for everyone.

I had a huge southwest salad, the girls had salmon and crabcake stuffed flounder and the mancub had chicken. There was an appetizer platter with skewered beef and pork jammed into grilled pineapple with potato skins and these monstrous shrimp that had the BEST breading EVAH!

We split two desserts and the whole thing was (Ubelievably as there was a vodka martini and a bloody mary on the bill also) less than a hundred bucks.

And the food was as good or better than some of the four start joints in Madison.

Most content.

Phillygirl
11-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Closed the office at 3:30 today and took everyone out to the brewery. Went out to dinner and met my friend's German boyfriend. I already don't like him because I'm certain that he's the primary reason she's returning to Afghanistan. Although at least this time she'll be working for in a place that has guns and such. Other than that I like him.

Dear god he can eat, though. They already had appetizers when I arrived. He then ate another appetizer, his meal, my meal, his dessert, and my dessert. :eek:

I have 2 more pies to make and a couple of dozen cookies, plus the sweet potatoes. I wonder if I can put that off till tomorrow?

Wretched Excess
11-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Closed the office at 3:30 today and took everyone out to the brewery. Went out to dinner and met my friend's German boyfriend. I already don't like him because I'm certain that he's the primary reason she's returning to Afghanistan. Although at least this time she'll be working for in a place that has guns and such. Other than that I like him.

Dear god he can eat, though. They already had appetizers when I arrived. He then ate another appetizer, his meal, my meal, his dessert, and my dessert. :eek:

I have 2 more pies to make and a couple of dozen cookies, plus the sweet potatoes. I wonder if I can put that off till tomorrow?

never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.:D

Phillygirl
11-26-2008, 10:08 PM
never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.:D

I'm having that engraved on my headstone.

Gingersnap
11-26-2008, 10:13 PM

Tomorrow? :D

Phillygirl
11-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Tomorrow? :D

It can wait another week or so! :D

Gingersnap
11-26-2008, 10:19 PM
It can wait another week or so! :D

Slacker. ..............

Wretched Excess
11-26-2008, 10:24 PM

Here Lies WE.

He Died Tomorrow.

Phillygirl
11-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Here Lies WE.

He Died Tomorrow.

My other choices:

"I told you I was sick."

"See, I told you I had the right of way."

Wretched Excess
11-26-2008, 10:31 PM
My other choices: