PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday anybody?

Jumpy
11-27-2008, 07:09 PM
I have never done this before, but my daughter is trying to guilt me into going with her. "mother daughter bonding and such". She wants to start at midnight.

I think I might do it, just for the bonding part. Wish me luck.

FlaGator
11-27-2008, 07:14 PM
I have never done this before, but my daughter is trying to guilt me into going with her. "mother daughter bonding and such". She wants to start at midnight.

There is no way that anyone could get me to go shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. Other than a quick dash to the convenient store I just don't see it happing. Good luck to ya!

Bubba Dawg
11-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm working tomorrow. Usually I get groceries on Friday night or Saturday morning. Some of my groceries I buy at Walmart. I stocked up yesterday and will completely avoid the stores this weekend if I can help it.

Moon
11-27-2008, 08:52 PM
I'll be safely sealed in the Command Bunker with a full stock of ammo, beer and Chee-tos for the duration. Good luck to us all!

lacarnut
11-27-2008, 09:05 PM
If I buy anything, it will be over the internet. As bad as the traffic is around here, I might not even go to the local grocery store that cooks killer fried catfish for lunch every Friday.

Moon
11-27-2008, 09:16 PM
If I buy anything, it will be over the internet. As bad as the traffic is around here, I might not even go to the local grocery store that cooks killer fried catfish for lunch every Friday.

I may have to venture out to get a prescription filled...I know, I know...should have done it yesterday. If I do go out, I'll watch "Dawn of the Dead" for a primer on dealing with zombies (i.e. Black Friday shoppers).

cat714
11-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Black Friday...NO WAY! The extra savings isn't worth the insanity.

wilbur
11-27-2008, 09:33 PM

It might actually be doable in an economy like this:P

RobJohnson
11-28-2008, 01:24 AM
I went toy shopping today for Toys For Tots. (http://www.toysfortots.org/)
My mother and I donated a cartful of toys. A retail chain had a great sale. I just happen to work for the same retailer/drug store, so my employee discount encouraged me to buy more!

http://www.toysfortots.org/images/new/logo.jpg

At the same store, we had already beat last year's daily sales by noon, with six hours left to go...I am anxious to study the numbers tomorrow. I did not work today, just "checked in".

My department is open tomorrow, and I work tomorrow afternoon.

Here are some Black Friday deals that include $300 laptops and $60 cameras:

Black Friday Sales (http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/174/sneak-peek-black-friday-bargains/)

Celtic Rose
11-28-2008, 01:28 AM
No way. I tried it last year, and I just can't handle the traffic in the parking lots or waiting in line. I might order some stuff on line, but I think I'll mostly be spending some more time with my family and trying clean out some junk before the New Year.

Gingersnap
11-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Count me out. I'm not a recreational shopper and I go to a mall maybe twice a year. Or less. I adore online shopping for those moments when I really have to shop.

SarasotaRepub
11-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Not a friggen chance. :p

SLW wanted to know if I wanted to getup and go to Wal-Mart
for their 5am opening so I could get an IronMan and Kung-Fu Panda
DVD for 9 bucks each. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there will be a few left overs.:D

M21
11-28-2008, 11:20 AM
White Christmas, black Friday, It's all good :) Have fun. It's sure easier to shop online and I don't have to worry about my car being broken into at the mall.

SarasotaRepub
11-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Here is why you stay away from these moronic early openings... (http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html)

Jesus H Christ. :mad:

SarasotaRepub
11-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Well SLW and I went out after 12 noon and hit Wal-Mart and Target.

We really weren't looking for any major purchases and bought a couple
of pans and eggs in Wal-Mart.

In Target we hit DVD paydirt!!

1.) IronMan - 13.00
2.) Kung Fu Panda - 13.00
3.) The Golden Compass - $5.98
4.) Sex and The City - $8.98

And we got little Gwen a Hannah Montana Jammin Electric Guitar with a matching doll. :D I'm sure her parents will be most pleased with this toy!!!!

Goldwater
11-28-2008, 07:54 PM
And we got little Gwen a Hannah Montana Jammin Electric Guitar with a matching doll. :D I'm sure her parents will be most pleased with this toy!!!!

You're supposed to be buying dried foods.