PDA

View Full Version : CONTROVERSIAL PROGRAM ALLOWS TENNESSEE INMATES TO GET OUT OF JAIL EARLY IF THEY AGREE

eismann82
07-21-2017, 05:03 AM
http://www.inquisitr.com/4381218/controversial-program-allows-tennessee-inmates-to-get-out-of-jail-early-if-they-agree-to-a-vasectomy/

Inmates in White County, Tennessee, have the option of shaving 30 days off of their jail sentence — so long as they are willing to undergo a vasectomy to prevent being “burdened with children” upon their release. The controversial program implemented by General Sessions Court Judge Sam Benningfield in May has now made national headlines, with some calling it illegal while the judge sings its accolades.

This is bound to piss the left off, I'm sure somehow it'll be considered racist.

sent from my jitter bug[emoji41]

noonwitch
07-21-2017, 09:21 AM
I have to admit that it makes me a little uncomfortable. I don't think it's racist, though. But it does seem like something that would benefit older inmates rather than younger ones, who might not have any children yet.

There was a guy a while back who was paying drug addicted women money to get their tubes tied. I didn't have a problem with that. It wasn't a government program, it was a private citizen.