PDA

View Full Version : Portland Elementary Schools to remove Racist word ‘Lynch’ from Their Name

Banacek
07-24-2017, 02:45 PM
The national movement to change racially offensive names of buildings, sports teams and landmarks will soon touch a group of schools in southeast Portland. Lynch Meadows, Lynch Wood and Lynch View elementary schools will shed their “Lynch” before the upcoming school year in response to growing concern about the word’s racial connotations.

The schools, part of the Centennial School District, were named for the Lynch family, which donated land over a century ago to build the first of the schools. But Centennial Superintendent Paul Coakley says many newer families coming into the district associate the name with America’s violent racial history.

I’m so excited that Portland is righting this wrong. This is definitely a step in the right direction. Yay Portland!

If we are going to have equality, we can’t honor white people with offensive last names who donate their land or money to the community. Especially if their last name is something terrible like Lynch. Ugh! I would speculate they probably earned that name, if you know what I mean.

How offensive it must be for a 1st or 2nd grader to walk through the doors of a school named “Lynch Wood Elementary.” Black children already have so many obstacles stacked against them. The last thing they need is to be traumatized even more by attending a school that brings back memories of slavery. Their great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents were descendants of slaves that were kidnapped from Africa. Where they were kings. Then they were sold as farm equipment. And the ones that raped white women got lynched. Now you understand the evolution of how the word “Lynch” can be so insensitive to a 5-year-old black student who is just trying to learn his ABCs?

https://ethnobased.wordpress.com/2017/07/23/portland-elementary-schools-to-remove-racist-word-lynch-from-their-name/

https://ethnobased.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/lynch-meadows_1500674717306_8665260_ver1-0_640_360.jpg

Dlr Pyro
07-24-2017, 03:08 PM
So I guess these snowflakes will never get to learn about the Attorney General that obama picked to replace eric holder. So sad since she is a black and a woman. both are qualifications that rank high on any DUmmie's list.

Rockntractor
07-24-2017, 03:24 PM
So I guess these snowflakes will never get to learn about the Attorney General that obama picked to replace eric holder. So sad since she is a black and a woman. both are qualifications that rank high on any DUmmie's list.
She could change it to Wench

noonwitch
07-24-2017, 03:45 PM
I had a supervisor once who's last name was Lynch. She was black and from Texas. She also was a bitch, but she took pride in her name and actually thought it was funny.

SVPete
07-24-2017, 04:17 PM
Remind me ... what was the family name of Obama's final Attorney General?

FlaGator
07-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Are most people on the left coast really this stupid?

Freedomnut
07-24-2017, 05:35 PM
Are most people on the left coast really this stupid?

I really assume this is a rhetorical question!!??:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Angry Old White Man
07-24-2017, 06:53 PM
This is a really good thing to have all the nations morons in one spot where we can keep an eye on all of them, and if necessary in the future to build a fence around them.. :frown-new:

Banacek
07-25-2017, 03:47 PM
Several questions about what happened in Portland comes to mind :sarcasm:

!) Will the Hollywood types such as Jane Lynch change their last names in order to be politically correct?

2) Will professional sports players such as Marshawn Lynch change their last names ?

3) If a child attending this school last name is Lynch will he or she be expelled from school if the child's parents don't legally change the child's last name ?

4) If a child's mother's maiden name is Lynch will the child be allowed to attend school ?

(a) Does the maiden name analysis also apply to male teachers if their middle name is Lynch ?

5) Will the school go Fahrenheit 451 on any book or periodical in their library (think Sweden) that has the name of an individual named Lynch in it ?