PDA

View Full Version : Full Friday

linda22003
11-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Cool here this morning; I have some office work to do at home but it won't take the whole day.

TOTD: It WAS going to be "will you shop on Black Friday?" but I see someone has beaten me to that. :mad: So I'll change it to something else seasonal: is this the weekend you'll decorate? Especially since Thanksgiving is a few days later this year, we'll be in the thick of what my husband calls "Camp Christmas" this weekend.

I won't shop on Black Friday, though - I never do, on that day.

FlaGator
11-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Cold here once again but Friday afternoon and Saturday are suppose to be very nice.

TOTD: I haven't put up a tree and lights in years but I do generally changes the decor in the public areas of the house to Christmas colors. I'll probably do that this weekend.

Gingersnap
11-28-2008, 10:25 AM
It's cold here but we missed most of the snow.

TOTD: Our exterior lights are already up but Mr. Snaps won't deploy the fake animated light-up reindeer for another couple of weeks. I'll break out the Christmas dishes and a seasonal tablecloth this weekend but no tree decorating will take place here for a while. I can only tolerate the disruption for a fixed period of time. :D

SarasotaRepub
11-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Beautiful sunny day here and it should get into the mid 50's.
I had a really tasty turkey omelet for breakfast. :D

No lights up yet but it's on the schedule.

There have been several McMansions that have been completed in
the area over the last 4 months and a lot of them are using those
companys that come and setup the lights on the house exterior.
I was kinda surprised at the number!

Living in La
11-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Rainy and icky, thunderstorms today and tomorrow.

Christmas tree goes up this evening, Christmas parade on Monday, outside lights go up next weekend and another Christmas parade. The only shoppinig today is buying a new tux for hubby. Christmas shopping starts after birthday shoppiing is finished (tyoungest daughter 12/17, oldest 12/24). Any ideas what to buy a 19 year old girl?

asdf2231
11-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Tree shopping and decorations tomorrow.

Shopping today! :)

RobJohnson
11-29-2008, 01:54 AM
I just got home from work and will be working all weekend.

I don't mind.

Things were pretty quiet after 7 PM....in fact we asked two people to go home early, and they did.

Thursday sales ended up being 90% higher then last year...so that is a good sign!

I don't have the numbers for today yet, but hopefully we did ok.