PDA

View Full Version : Lefties attack 3 black women for being successful business owners

Banacek
07-25-2017, 04:58 PM
Every once in awhile you come across a thread on Twitter that makes you scratch your head even more so than usual. Take for example this tweet from Guy Benson, who directed followers to look at the replies on another thread

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/07/24/identity-politics-fail-lefties-attack-3-black-women-for-being-successful-business-owners/

SVPete
07-25-2017, 09:10 PM
I have a feeling that the Mom started with M long ago as a burger-flipper or order-taker, and worked her way into management, and then to owning stores. Similarly, I suspect she had her daughters put in plenty of time taking orders and/or cooking. IOW, they have done what Libs & Progs eschew admitting, that burger-flipping isn't a dead-end menial job.

eismann82
07-25-2017, 10:20 PM
I'm going to assume none of the ones posting shit against the women on Twitter has ever tried to actually run a business and factor in wages, health insurance, workers comp with the cost of claim increase, inventory, building maintenance, etc. while staying competitive

sent from my jitter bug[emoji41]

noonwitch
07-26-2017, 09:42 AM
I have a feeling that the Mom started with M long ago as a burger-flipper or order-taker, and worked her way into management, and then to owning stores. Similarly, I suspect she had her daughters put in plenty of time taking orders and/or cooking. IOW, they have done what Libs & Progs eschew admitting, that burger-flipping isn't a dead-end menial job.

Some people really like working in the fast food industry. It's hard work in a physical sense and not everyone is up to it. But hard workers with good attitudes get rewarded for their perseverance, with raises, promotions and other benefits.

SVPete
07-26-2017, 11:32 AM
Some people really like working in the fast food industry. It's hard work in a physical sense and not everyone is up to it. But hard workers with good attitudes get rewarded for their perseverance, with raises, promotions and other benefits.

Along with a lot of other things he was doing, my son started at a local KFC at age 16. About a year later he was an assistant manager. A couple of years later he was offered a path that could have lead to his being a part owner of a store. He decided that he wanted to finish college. After that, while still in college, he did stocking and stock management at a Walgreens store. He was again offered a chance to advance into management, but was in his last year or so at college. Walgreens in this area placed managers in stores where they were needed, not necessarily close to where the managers lived. Since that could have complicated his education he turned down that opportunity as well.

Entry level jobs can open up opportunities for advancement into management and even ownership, for those willing to work hard and well, and learn.

Retread
07-26-2017, 11:42 AM
Entry level jobs can open up opportunities for advancement into management and even ownership, for those willing to work hard and well, and learn.

The critical operative!

Banacek
07-26-2017, 12:39 PM
I'm going to assume none of the ones posting shit against the women on Twitter has ever tried to actually run a business and factor in wages, health insurance, workers comp with the cost of claim increase, inventory, building maintenance, etc. while staying competitive

sent from my jitter bug[emoji41]

I assume that most of the negative posters have ever worked in their lives.

Dlr Pyro
07-26-2017, 01:19 PM

The problem is a large portion of the population expect an entry level job to pay a "living wage" and are content to skate along doing substandard work for the rest of their lives while demanding $15.00 an hour.

SVPete
07-26-2017, 01:54 PM
The problem is a large portion of the population expect an entry level job to pay a "living wage" and are content to skate along doing substandard work for the rest of their lives while demanding $15.00 an hour.

Agreed. Many think entry level jobs should be a career rather than the first step on the ladder. And, yeah, my son saw a lot of co-workers whose attitude was to do as little as possible as lazily as possible but be paid as if they were good workers. He didn't even try to explain his attitude to them.