PDA

View Full Version : ESPN’s Jemele Hill Says Police are Like ‘Slave Patrol’

Banacek
07-30-2017, 12:01 PM
Like many other left-wing sports commentators, ESPN’s Jemele Hill is incensed that anti-American protester Colin Kaepernick is still left unsigned by the NFL. But during a tweet about the former San Francisco 49ers’ status, Hill went even further by agreeing that America’s police are exactly the same as the racist, plantation slave catchers of the civil war era.

Hill took to Twitter to lament that the Baltimore Ravens just signed former Arena Football League quarterback David Olson instead of giving Colin Kaepernick a shot.

On her Twitter account, Hill groused, “Oh and ICYMI, the Ravens signed a dude who quit football to be a realtor and played in 2 games in college over a Super Bowl QB”:

But, as Twitter users began to reply to Hill’s tweet, one user reminded her of Kaepernick’s own words. “I feel like it’s been forgotten that [Kaepernick] basically called (all) cops ‘slave patrol’ a month ago. I mean, that’s pretty inflammatory,” user Nathanael Johnson said.

For her part, Hill saw nothing at all wrong with the claim that all cops are just like the racist patrols that were sent out by plantation owners to keep blacks in line. She responded to Johnson’s tweet saying, “Inflammatory, but historically accurate.”

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/07/28/espns-jemele-hill-says-police-like-slave-patrol/

Angry Old White Man
07-30-2017, 12:32 PM
That Network left the building 20 years ago :biggrin-new:

SVPete
07-30-2017, 01:06 PM
ESPN seems intent on augering itself into the ground. Jemele Hill seems to be doing her par. Some one should remind her that Kaepernick's last 3 seasons have been bad, worse, and wasn't the starting QB for much of the season, chronologically. Some one should also remind Jemele Hill that the injured starting QB Kaepernick replaced has taken the once door-mat KC Chiefs into the playoffs 3 of the past 4 seasons, and twice in the past two seasons.

IOW, Kaepernick being a distraction to his team and alienating fans is just part of the reason he hasn't been hired by another team. Whatever Kaepernick was in that Superbowl season, he's done poorly ever since. Probably Kaepernick is a distracted OK QB (by NFL standards) made to look excellent by a 9ers team that got decimated by several major players having legal problems after that Superbowl season and having to be let go. As a package, no team, so far, has been willing to take on the very large risk with uncertain payoff that Kaepernick is.

BTW, the roots of many cities police forces predate the very first "slave patrols", besides being hundreds of miles distant from those "slave patrols". IOW, just another blacktivist propaganda lie that Kaepernick was duped into believing. When Kaepernick posts signs around his McMansion or luxury condo (or whatever his residence is) proclaiming, "Owner Considers All Police Officers Racists and Will Not Ever Call the Police for Assistance!" I'll believe he really believes his spew.

NJCardFan
07-31-2017, 02:51 PM
I don't even watch ESPN anymore. They chose to be an apolitical network instead of a sports network and then they wonder why their ratings are hovering around test pattern range. But they still don't care. In fact they're doubling down. Good luck to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cadillac shark
07-31-2017, 05:28 PM
The 'old' Jemele would've been the first to explain how NFL defensive-coordinators solved KopHATEnik escaping from the pocket while keeping their safeties on the receivers. No scramble, no safety out of position. The End... of a career.

Looks like the spotlight got to her.