PDA

View Full Version : Australia.

Bubba Dawg
11-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman.

Miz Bubba will drag me to see it, but it looks like it may be okay. Maybe even better.

Anybody seen it or going?

Celtic Rose
11-28-2008, 10:13 PM
I definitely plan to see it :) I'll admit to having a bit of crush on Hugh Jackman, my friends have teased me about him since high school :p

Sonnabend
11-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Please...DON'T.

I beg you. Don't go see it. Dont rent it on video either.

The many lies of Baz Luhrmann (http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/luhrmanns_worst_scene/)

Australia is a movie of caricatures and cliches, based on lies and promoting the easiest kind of morality there is - damning others for doing what you’re too lazy to even try to understand or even get right.

Bubba Dawg
11-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I definitely plan to see it :) I'll admit to having a bit of crush on Hugh Jackman, my friends have teased me about him since high school :p

Darlin', are you sure you're old enough to go see this move? There may be adult themes. :eek::D

I have this thing about Nicole Kidman. There was this scene in Eyes Wide Shut. How should I describe it?

It was really nice.

Let's just say I am a fan of Nicole from way back....

Bubba Dawg
11-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Please...DON'T.

The many lies of Baz Luhrmann (http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/luhrmanns_worst_scene/)

My dear Sonna, I respect your opinion. And your word.

When, and if, I view this film, it will be as a movie, a story, and not as indicative of historical fact or truth.

Thank you for your comments.

It may be similar to the situation if Oliver Stone, or someone like him, made a movie called 'America.'

It could no more encompass the fact or the myth or the experience of America any more than a movie could possibly encompass the experience of Australia.

I appreciate your comments and advice. I will see it as a story, if I see it at all.

Thanks.

Celtic Rose
11-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Please...DON'T.

Can I go see it if I promise not to base my opinion of Australian history on it ;)

:p

Sonnabend
11-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Yes, of course.:D

I liked Nicole Kidman too, in Eyes Wide Shut.

(With her at the mirror :D:D)

Celtic Rose
11-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Darlin', are you sure you're old enough to go see this move? There may be adult themes. :eek::D

I have this thing about Nicole Kidman. There was this scene in Eyes Wide Shut. How should I describe it?

It was really nice.

Let's just say I am a fan of Nicole from way back....

Don't worry Bubba, I'm all grown up now ;) :D

Bubba Dawg
11-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Yes, of course.:D

I liked Nicole Kidman too, in Eyes Wide Shut.

(With her at the mirror :D:D)

I think I am like many Americans who have a fascination with the Land Down Under. Whether it was Paul Hogan (And I used to watch The Paul Hogan Show long before anyone heard of Crocodile Dundee) or The Man From Snowy River or any of a hundred stories or songs or legends about Australia, just the place and the people hold a fascination for me, and for many who are like me. There is a sort of greatness about it.

If I weren't an American, no question, i'd desire to be Australian.

One day, perhaps, I can travel there. We'll get together and have a drink. We can talk about it.

Until then, I will think of Nicole K. And dream. :D

Bubba Dawg
11-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Don't worry Bubba, I'm all grown up now ;) :D

You wouldn't lie to me....:D

Celtic Rose
11-28-2008, 11:08 PM
You wouldn't lie to me....:D

Of course not ;)

Zathras
11-28-2008, 11:12 PM
Went and saw it last night, found it enjoyable...up to the point where the Japanese were bombing Darwin and the film makers were too lazy and added shots from either Tora Tora Tora or that bomb of a film Pearl Harbor. Could have done original footage instead IMO.

Sonnabend
11-29-2008, 12:19 AM
and the film makers were too lazy and added shots from either Tora Tora Tora or that bomb of a film Pearl Harbor

Yep..heard about that. :mad:

CueSi
11-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Crap. . .and that looked like a really good old-school Big-Ass Epic.

I was hoping. Still might see it for the shots of Australia.

And for Hugh and Nicole.

~QC

Sonnabend
11-30-2008, 09:38 AM
She kept her clothes on :(

EricMartin
11-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Nicole Kidman looks amazing in it – she looks like a rugged individualist.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/6496/nicolewc5.jpg

Sonnabend
11-30-2008, 09:50 AM
..and couldnt act her way out of a parking ticket

SaintLouieWoman
11-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Our local lib rag gave it excellent reviews, but what do they know? I don't trust a word they say.

I'd still like to see it sometime, maybe when it comes out in DVD.

Goldwater
11-30-2008, 04:05 PM
..and couldnt act her way out of a parking ticket

Whats this? Logic and great analysis from Sonnabend? :D

Yeah she is terrible, she relies on her looks to pull of that pensive "I'm complicated" look but there really isn't much there.

Sonnabend
11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Whats this? Logic and great analysis from Sonnabend? :D

HEY

I resemble that remark :D

djones520
11-30-2008, 04:16 PM
I can't link the site from here, but if there is anything you ever need to know about Australia then go to google and type in "Bad Ass Of the Week".

Sift through the complete list until you find the article done on Australia. Not only will you from that point on be afraid to ever go to Australia, but it will make all Aussie's (Sonna included) look like balls out crazy mofo's for being able to survive there for more then 10 minutes.