PDA

View Full Version : Where Would You Relocate for a Job?

RobJohnson
11-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Imagine you were offered a dream job that required you to relocate to your favorite city. Which city would it be? And why?

If you're like most Americans, you might select New York, San Diego, or San Francisco, according to a soon-to-be released survey of 2,500 employees and entrepreneurs across the nation by the Human Capital Institute, a Washington-based think tank and professional association largely made up of human resources professionals. http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/where-would-you-relocate-for-a-job.html

Las Vegas was #4, due to a huge drop in home prices.

AlmostThere
12-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Suburban Atlanta (Northwest); Good salaries, low unemployment, affordable housing, good public schools, nice climate, damn nice people and REPUBLICAN. What more could you want? I've lived in several other parts of the country and this is my favorite by far.

Gingersnap
12-10-2008, 09:58 PM
What a lame article! The lead says that workers prefer to move to New York or San Francisco and then the body says that people hate the idea of moving to New York. :rolleyes:

The article also says that big city folks don't like moving to towns or suburbs. I'm guessing this is pretty much like the antipathy small town and rural people had toward big cities 100 years ago. It's scary. After all, if you moved to a town, someone might say, "Hi!" or bring you a plate of cookies when you moved in. You might have to be civil. It's possible you could be bored by the lack of assault attempts in a given week.

OwlMBA
12-10-2008, 10:19 PM
A new job that makes me relocate to my "favorite" city? Ok, I choose the one that is 5 miles from my house.

Outside of that, I would take Chicago, Boston, or London.

lacarnut
12-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Suburban Atlanta (Northwest); Good salaries, low unemployment, affordable housing, good public schools, nice climate, damn nice people and REPUBLICAN. What more could you want? I've lived in several other parts of the country and this is my favorite by far.

I lived in Smyrna GA for a couple of months and loved it. Seriously considering a move shortly close to the beach in Orange Beach Al.

Moon
12-10-2008, 11:03 PM
I've lived in 9 different states and 4 different countries. I'd move anywhere for the right job.

AlmostThere
12-11-2008, 04:10 AM
I lived in Smyrna GA for a couple of months and loved it. Seriously considering a move shortly close to the beach in Orange Beach Al.

Just a little north of you in Acworth. I love this part of Cobb County. I've lived in Redondo Beach, Left Coast; Wash DC, New Orleans and a few other places that I hardly remember. This is my favorite. :)