PDA

View Full Version : Europe orders global abolition of death penalty

FuroraCeltica
06-18-2008, 09:54 AM
The European Union has ordered everyone in the world to abolish the death penalty. This coming from the European Union that allegedly doesn't believe in one power handing out rules on the global stage.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-06/16/content_8381196.htm

May interest you to learn that last week, Ireland voted NO to an EU treaty: the EU has announced that the result will be ignored, and the treaty will go through anyway. So these people can lecture you?

Screw the European Union, and screw everything it says and does.

linda22003
06-18-2008, 12:37 PM
"Called on" is not a direct synonym with "ordered". Really, it's not.

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 01:52 PM
If so, I order the French and Germans to take a bath 365 days a year and use a strong deodorant.:cool:

noonwitch
06-18-2008, 04:47 PM
If so, I order the French and Germans to take a bath 365 days a year and use a strong deodorant.:cool:

LOL!!

I don't support the death penalty, myself, but I certainly don't think the europeans have the right to dictate that type of thing to the rest of the world.

Aklover
06-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Death penalty is largely ineffective where it is used, nonehteless the Europeans don't have the right to force others to stop its use.

The EU will not end well.

JB
06-18-2008, 05:46 PM
"Called on" is not a direct synonym with "ordered". Really, it's not.Toe-may-toe, Toe-ma-toe.
They regretted that a number of countries still maintain the death penalty. "We call on all these states to abolish the death penalty; if necessary with the immediate establishment of a moratorium on the use of the death penalty, with a view to abolishing it," said the ministers.

megimoo
06-18-2008, 06:50 PM
If so, I order the French and Germans to take a bath 365 days a year and use a strong deodorant.:cool:Then set the example for them ,stinkey !

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Then set the example for them ,stinkey !

HEY!:mad: I'm not..............well, I'm old! So shut up!:(

megimoo
06-18-2008, 06:56 PM
The European Union has ordered everyone in the world to abolish the death penalty. This coming from the European Union that allegedly doesn't believe in one power handing out rules on the global stage.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-06/16/content_8381196.htm

May interest you to learn that last week, Ireland voted NO to an EU treaty: the EU has announced that the result will be ignored, and the treaty will go through anyway. So these people can lecture you?

Screw the European Union, and screw everything it says and does.
Screw the EU,The new Roman Empire .

Next we will have Pax Romana:

Contributing Cause: The vast Roman Empire included all lands around the Mediterranean Sea and most of Northwest Europe. Roman life was comfortable for many. Cities had water and sewage systems, theaters, and public baths. The wealthy had villas with central heating systems.

Developments during Pax Roman:

Government: Law: Engineering:
1.Rome became an empire ruled by an emperor.
2.Full-time workers were hired to carry out the emperor's polices.

3.Government in the provinces improved.
1.One set of laws governed the empire
2.The system of laws included all branches of public/private law that exist today

3. Lawyers interpreted the laws.
1. The system of roads greatly improved.
2.Aqueducts brought water from the mountains to Roman cities.

FuroraCeltica
06-20-2008, 07:45 AM
"Called on" is not a direct synonym with "ordered". Really, it's not.

Correct. But the EU has a different interpretation of words to the rest of us.

For example, the word "NO" in treaty votes the EU doesn't like somehow means "yes"

ReaganForRus
06-20-2008, 10:03 AM

you owe me a computer screen............lol

AmPat
06-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Death penalty is largely ineffective where it is used, nonehteless the Europeans don't have the right to force others to stop its use.

The EU will not end well.

I call on the EU to start with the Middle East.:cool:
And I second the bath idea. How can anybody take these EuroPEONS seriously when theysmell like the boy's locker room?

Molon Labe
06-20-2008, 11:34 AM
No thank you EU...We'll decide our own sovereignty issues ourselves