PDA

View Full Version : 2 men dead after shots fired in SoCal Toys 'R' Us

RobJohnson
11-29-2008, 02:07 AM
By GILLIAN FLACCUS, Associated Press Writer

PALM DESERT, Calif. Two men pulled guns and shot each other to death in a crowded toy store Friday after the women with them erupted into a bloody brawl, witnesses said. Scared shoppers fled but no one else was hurt.

The violence erupted on Black Friday, the traditional post-Thanksgiving start of the holiday shopping surge, but authorities indicated the shooting wasn't related to a shopping frenzy.

Riverside County sheriff's Sgt. Dennis Gutierrez said the fight was not over a toy. He said handguns were found by the men's bodies, but he released little other information. He would not answer a question about whether the shooting was gang-related.

Witnesses Scott and Joan Barrick said they were checking out of the store when the fight began between two women, each with a man. The women were near the checkout area, but the Barricks did not think the women had purchases.

One woman suddenly started punching the other woman, who fought back as blood flowed from her nose, Scott Barrick, 41, said.

More (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081129/ap_on_re_us/toy_store_shooting)

Bubba Dawg
11-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Damn. Really, just damn. These two yabos killed each other but it would have been so easy for innocent bystanders to have been injured or killed as well. I'm glad that didn't happen.

M21
11-29-2008, 11:47 AM
This is exactly why we need reciprocal national concealed carry laws.

I carry a handgun because a whole cop would be too heavy. That will never happen under Obama's watch, but it wouldn't have happened under McCain's either. I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six.

BSR
11-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm torn on this story. On the one hand, two stupid members of society weeded themselves from the heard of life and that's good. But they did it in a packed Toys 'R' Us store and that's bad.

OwlMBA
11-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Ghetto fabulous.

Bubba Dawg
11-29-2008, 06:32 PM
This is exactly why we need reciprocal national concealed carry laws.

I agree.

I carry a handgun because a whole cop would be too heavy. That will never happen under Obama's watch, but it wouldn't have happened under McCain's either. I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six.

I have a concealed carry license and carry a snub-nosed 44 special. A close range weapon. It hits hard and has five shots.

When I am out in public I am Mister Mild. Butter wouldn't melt in my mouth. Miz bubba is on the same page as me. We don't start no trouble.

Thing is, sometimes trouble just happens. Then you have to be ready.

As you know, if you ever have to use deadly force, it will cost you multiple thousands, even tens of thousands of dollars to defend yourself in court.

That's the monetary end of it. Then there is the moral end of it.

I would hate like hell to hurt or kill anybody. I would do it to protect myself, my family, and other innocent people. And I would do it reluctantly but be very deliberate about it.

And I would have to think about the lives of those who are around me and that would figure in the equation. So much to think about.

But, This sounds like two gang bangers bitches got into a fight and it, you know, it escalated. Bout Respect an Shit....

I may be wrong, but it looks bad and stupid. Really.

And there are so many of these guys who carry high capacity automatics and who indulge in a spray and pray strategy of shooting, that i am glad no innocent bystanders were injured.

For the Record, I have nothing against high capacity automatics...I have a Beretta Model 92 myself and sometimes carry it. It is more about the mentality of some people who carry firearms.

marinejcksn
11-29-2008, 10:19 PM
What a bunch of idiots. This is the type of crap that anti-gun nuts use to "justify" why we shouldn't be allowed to carry guns.

Thank God no innocent bystanders were hurt or killed. Also we should offer prayers to the families of these 2 men, they made poor choices but now their families pay the consequences. Sad. :(