PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Sources

Bubba Dawg
11-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Another damp drizzly day on the mountain. A cold front in moving in, probably tomorrow, and will probably turn the rain to sleet or snow. Temp now is about 42.

The Iron Bowl is today. Alabama-Auburn. Roll Tide.

I like to read and the Internet offers some wonderful sources of material free for the taking. I like history and politics and current events. I read conservative information, and also several centrist or liberal sites to get some perspective. I have a log in at DU, as most here probably do, and other sites as well. I have my iGoogle set up with feeds from places like The Daily Kos, etc and also Michelle Malkin and sites like that. I like to get info from a lot of places. One whole page on my iGoogle is nothing but newspapers including the Weekly Standard, the Washington Post, and the New York Times. The Wall Street Journal even has a feed to iGoogle.

TOTD: where do you like to get information. I started talking about politics, but sports, current events, everything. What sites do you like to go to for information?

Since we have Cu'ers all over the country and the world, we may be able to share some good sources. What do read in Australia or Thailand or England?

Also, do you read information from the other side of the political aisle?

patriot45
11-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Gorgeous day in Flahdidah!! 82! Just got back from my personal best 104 at a killer hard course!!!

TOTD: I usually start with Nealz Nuze and then TownHall, but I believe everything I read. :rolleyes:

Troll
11-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Depends on what day it is. I only watch TV once or twice a year (at the SuperBowl and the NCAA Championship), so I'm close to 100% talk radio and internet.

Most of my talk radio 'news' comes from Neal Boortz, Clark Howard and Michael Savage.

As far as the internet, I use a fair amount of 'alternative' news sources that I would probably get in trouble for mentioning, (:D) so I'll say that most of it comes from CU, MSNBC and the Raleigh N&O. At times, I get some of the Fox News bites from YouTube. I used to frequent Drudge and Michelle Malkin, but they've lost a lot of their punch and I lost interest.

lurkalot
11-29-2008, 03:50 PM
TOTD:
I start my day by reading all the Nevada newspapers that are online. Then I hit google news for healthcare news. Then if I haven't appeared in any of the obituary columns, I go to work. :cool:

submarinepainter
11-29-2008, 04:06 PM
TOTD I read the Portland Press Herald , I like to listen to local talk until Lara Ingraham comes on , at noon there is Rush and then Sean Insanity!! Work does get in the way sometimes

Bubba Dawg
11-29-2008, 05:29 PM
I like Neal Boortz. The guy is a scream.

I like to read National Review Online, The Nation (Liberal), New Republic (liberal) and others. I like to read what the other side is saying so I'll be aware of the talking points.

I have never called in to a talk show on the radio but I listen to several.

patriot45
11-29-2008, 07:03 PM
I like Neal Boortz. The guy is a scream.

I like to read National Review Online, The Nation (Liberal), New Republic (liberal) and others. I like to read what the other side is saying so I'll be aware of the talking points.

I have never called in to a talk show on the radio but I listen to several.

Bubba, Owwwww! you get your news from liberal rags! They bring out my gag reflex. As long as you get Nealz Nuze, you aint all bad!!

Bubba Dawg
11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Bubba, Owwwww! you get your news from liberal rags! They bring out my gag reflex. As long as you get Nealz Nuze, you aint all bad!!

LOL. I read a little bit of everything. Get email alerts from left wingers. The whole spiel.

I like to know what they are saying. Opposition Research, I've heard it called. :D

patriot45
11-29-2008, 07:33 PM
LOL. I read a little bit of everything. Get email alerts from left wingers. The whole spiel.

I like to know what they are saying. Opposition Research, I've heard it called. :D

Right here at the B/W forum you can read what the libs believe! Just think, whatever you believe, they think the opposite! Scary, isn't it!

Bubba Dawg
11-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Right here at the B/W forum you can read what the libs believe! Just think, whatever you believe, they think the opposite! Scary, isn't it!

The Opposite Of Me.......:eek:

The Mind Boggles.....