PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Issa politicizes Russertís death.

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 10:57 AM
ISSA: We are going to miss Tim Russert when it comes to the people on both sides of the issue of why we have $5 oil ó $5 gasoline and $135 oil. I think Tim Russert would have been just the right guy to hold people accountable, who would talk about the 68 million acres that are, quote, inactive, while in fact 41 million are under current lease and use and are producing millions of barrels of oil and natural gas a day.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/06/17/issa-russert/

dixierat
06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
So, Madam Speaker, I am going to miss Tim Russert because this debate is too important not to have a fact-oriented, unbiased moderator who could in fact bring to bear the truth that we need to have.

Seems to be an admirer of Russerts. Kind of a stretch to say he's politicizing his death.

:cool:

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Seems to be an admirer of Russerts. Kind of a stretch to say he's politicizing his death.

Did you actually watch the entire video to see how many times he used Timís name?:rolleyes:

biccat
06-18-2008, 12:16 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/06/17/issa-russert/
What an amazingly unbiased source! I can't wait for your post bemoaning the lack of dead soldiers' bodies being paraded on the nightly news. (http://thinkprogress.org/2008/06/18/cbss-lara-logan-tell-me-the-last-time-you-saw-the-body-of-a-dead-american-soldier/)

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 12:18 PM
What an amazingly unbiased source!]

Did you actually watch the entire video to see how many times he used Timís name?:rolleyes:

biccat
06-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Were any Democrats politicizing his death? What, exactly, went on before or after the video?

Given only that video, and the limited context of Rep. Issa's statements, I would have to say it was an inappropriate time to raise such concerns. Of course, Thinkprogress is a left-wing website dedicated to attacking Republicans and throwing out Democrat talking points, so I wouldn't trust their assessment to be fair and unbiased.

dixierat
06-18-2008, 12:28 PM

EVERY comment he makes about the late Mr. Russert was positive. I say again, he seems to be an admirer of Mr. Russerts. Do you have comprehension problems?

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 12:31 PM
EVERY comment he makes about the late Mr. Russert was positive. I say again, he seems to be an admirer of Mr. Russerts. Do you have comprehension problems?

Do you not have the capacity to understand that this personís just a whore?:rolleyes:

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Were any Democrats politicizing his death? What, exactly, went on before or after the video?

Given only that video, and the limited context of Rep. Issa's statements, I would have to say it was an inappropriate time to raise such concerns. Of course, Thinkprogress is a left-wing website dedicated to attacking Republicans and throwing out Democrat talking points, so I wouldn't trust their assessment to be fair and unbiased.

For fuckís sake - canít you grasp this was on C-SPAN? The manís a cheap whore!

dixierat
06-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Do you not have the capacity to understand that this personís just a whore?:rolleyes:

He's a member of Congress, so that goes w/o saying.

biccat
06-18-2008, 12:38 PM
For fuckís sake - canít you grasp this was on C-SPAN? The manís a cheap whore!
Oh? It was on C-SPAN? Well then it should be easy for you to find video of the entire discussion so his comments can be placed in proper context. Then a determination can be made as to whether his comments were a reasonable response, or politicking during what should be a solemn occasion.

Withholding judgement until you know all the facts. I know it's not something you Democrats do very well, but at least try this time.

dixierat
06-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh? It was on C-SPAN? Well then it should be easy for you to find video of the entire discussion so his comments can be placed in proper context. Then a determination can be made as to whether his comments were a reasonable response, or politicking during what should be a solemn occasion.

Withholding judgement until you know all the facts. I know it's not something you Democrats do very well, but at least try this time.

All Issa did was express his regret that Mr. Russerts death creates the need for an unbiased moderator for debating issues. I guess LP wants a biased moderator.

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 12:48 PM
All Issa did was express his regret that Mr. Russerts death creates the need for an unbiased moderator for debating issues. I guess LP wants a biased moderator.

So Mr. Issa didn't say anything about off-shore drilling? Are you dim? :confused:

dixierat
06-18-2008, 12:59 PM
So Mr. Issa didn't say anything about off-shore drilling? Are you dim? :confused:

In the context of Mr. Russert being able to moderate the debate thereof. God, you ARE dense.

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 01:40 PM
In the context of Mr. Russert being able to moderate the debate thereof. God, you ARE dense.

Using an honored dead manís name to push your agenda is simply chickenshit.

LogansPapa
06-18-2008, 01:44 PM

Stop with the silly bullshit - if it were a politician from another party, youíd be on it like flies on shit, so just stop it. Tim's not cold in the ground and this reconfirms the image of Republicans being greedy whores - just admit it.

noonwitch
06-18-2008, 01:46 PM

Everyone I've seen so far from both parties has had nothing but nice things to say about Russert, including both presidential candidates, President Bush, and the Clintons.

I feel bad for Luke Russert, because everytime he turns around, someone is sticking a microphone in his face.