PDA

View Full Version : Chris Matthews Considering a Run for the US Senate in 2010

wulfpaw
11-29-2008, 05:13 PM
According to a Pennsylvania Democratic party leader, Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC's "Hardball", is considering making the jump from political commentator to political player. The Patriot-News of Harrisburg reports that Matthews met with state party leaders this week in Washington to discuss a possible 2010 bid to unseat Republican Senator Arlen Specter.
http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/8136

patriot45
11-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Ugh! I didn't read it but just the thought makes me want to puke!

Phillygirl
11-29-2008, 08:28 PM
I hate to say it, but it might be a smart move on the D's part. Arlen is not well liked by conservatives around here. I voted against him last go round. But if he's against Chris Matthews I might just hold my nose and vote for Arlen.

I wish the R's would run someone decent against Specter. Toomey was a great candidate, but failed. He's since moved out of state, so there won't be another run against him.

The governorship is allegedly looking good for the R's though.

Speedy
11-29-2008, 08:46 PM
What would the difference be between Chris "Tingly Leg" Matthews and Arlen Spector anyway. Seriously, would be losing anything here? It is not like Spector is a true Republican or anything. He spends more time on the other side of the aisle than McCain does.

Odysseus
11-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Ugh! I didn't read it but just the thought makes me want to puke!

Doesn't announcing that you're contemplating a run for the senate as a Democrat sort of mean that, as a journalist, you'd have a conflict of interest? Not that it would make much difference. The only way that Matthews's election commentary could be any more biased was if he covered his own campaign.

patriot45
11-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Doesn't announcing that you're contemplating a run for the senate as a Democrat sort of mean that, as a journalist, you'd have a conflict of interest? Not that it would make much difference. The only way that Matthews's election commentary could be any more biased was if he covered his own campaign.

LOL, I'm sure he would get a tingle right up his othere leg!!!