PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Award Nominee

Banacek
08-14-2017, 01:31 PM
Florida couple transporting grill injured after SUV explodes when woman lights cigarette

A Florida couple transporting a propane barbecue grill inside their SUV was injured Sunday after a woman lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion.

The grill was turned on and the propane tank was open in the back of the red Kia Sorento when the couple left a barbecue at the Central Florida Fairgrounds, Orlando police Lt. Cindy Lane told the Orlando Sentinel

After the explosion, the vehicle kept traveling until it crashed into a pole, according to Lane.

Two people were injured after a gas grill exploded inside a vehicle. (Orlando Police Department)

Both people inside the SUV sustained burns, but their injuries are not life-threatening, FOX35 Orlando reported

Probably visiting from California

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/14/florida-couple-transporting-grill-injured-after-suv-explodes-when-woman-lights-cigarette.html

NJCardFan
08-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Florida couple transporting grill injured after SUV explodes when woman lights cigarette

Probably visiting from California

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/14/florida-couple-transporting-grill-injured-after-suv-explodes-when-woman-lights-cigarette.html

Oh no. That's Florida behavior through and through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockntractor
08-14-2017, 07:13 PM
Is the grill okay?

FlaGator
08-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Someone has to die to be nominated for a Darwin Award. The award is given to someone who has removed themselves from the gene pool by some action that is so stupid that it makes an improvement in the gene pool.

Banacek
08-15-2017, 12:52 PM
Someone has to die to be nominated for a Darwin Award. The award is given to someone who has removed themselves from the gene pool by some action that is so stupid that it makes an improvement in the gene pool.

Aren't there any awards for those who try hard and don't make the grade ?

ralph wiggum
08-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Is the grill okay?

Get out of my brain! My first thought as well.:biggrin-new:

FlaGator
08-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Aren't there any awards for those who try hard and don't make the grade ?

Maybe we can create one and call it the Obama Award.

Retread
08-15-2017, 02:32 PM
Maybe we can create one and call it the Obama Award.

Here! Here! I propose, for the high achievement in not quite getting there, the official CU Obama Award.

https://suyts.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/image589.png

Retread
08-15-2017, 02:33 PM
I further propose this award have a pinned thread in the Moonbattery forum.

ralph wiggum
08-15-2017, 02:38 PM

Seconded! For year end, we shall have a voting "award" on the subject.

FlaGator
08-15-2017, 03:09 PM
Seconded! For year end, we shall have a voting "award" on the subject.

Works for me.

Banacek
08-15-2017, 04:15 PM

I third the motion.

Great idea. I especially like the trophy !

FlaGator
08-15-2017, 08:07 PM
I would like to make the first nomination. I believe that the MasterNemesis should be honored because he more than anyone else on DU, in my opinion, has tried to portray himself as a controversial extremist of the far left with clear insight into the wily ways of the vast right wing conspiracy and has failed miserably at this.