PDA

View Full Version : Is it Just Me...

Speedy
11-30-2008, 04:04 AM
or do some others of you also note that Obama has no clue as to what to do now that he has been elected? He remained completely silent on an economic plan until he was practically dragged to make a statement. He has made no statement on the recent terror attacks.

To me it seems as if he achieved what he wanted in getting elected and has no desire to take on the role and responsibilities of President. In all of his previous offices it probably around this time when he would start campaigning for an office higher than the one he had just been elected to. He does not have that option now.

Maybe he will just do nothing, in which case I can only hope that Congress follows suit.

RobJohnson
11-30-2008, 04:22 AM
I don't expect him to really screw things up until after he takes office.

Sonnabend
11-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Actually, Speed..he did. (http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/11/26/1690332.aspx)

Obama on Mumbai attacks

Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:04 PM by Carrie Dann

The Obama team has put out a statement condemning today's coordinated terror attacks in Mumbai, India. Here's the text:

"President-Elect Obama strongly condemns today's terrorist attacks in Mumbai, and his thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and the people of India. These coordinated attacks on innocent civilians demonstrate the grave and urgent threat of terrorism.

The United States must continue to strengthen our partnerships with India and nations around the world to root out and destroy terrorist networks. We stand with the people of India, whose democracy will prove far more resilient than the hateful ideology that led to these attacks," said Brooke Anderson, Chief National Security Spokesperson

NBC's Libby Leist reports that, per a senior state department official, Secretary Rice has briefed President Bush on her talks with the U.S. consul general in Mumbai.

cat714
12-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Obama is nothing but a puppet.

M21
12-02-2008, 03:41 AM
What will he do? Sit in camp with the women and kids while the men go hunt for supper. That's what 98 pound effeminate Class C personalties do. He's the countries first black female President.

Speedy
12-02-2008, 03:46 AM
I really think that his huge deficiencies will show up early and not even the MSM will be able to cover up for him. I think his approval numbers will slide to Bush levels and his wife will be even less popular.

cat714
12-02-2008, 04:06 AM
I really think that his huge deficiencies will show up early and not even the MSM will be able to cover up for him. I think his approval numbers will slide to Bush levels and his wife will be even less popular.

and hopefully that will push the liberal agenda back for decades.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/roillw2006/obama324.gif

M21
12-02-2008, 04:26 AM
I really think that his huge deficiencies will show up early and not even the MSM will be able to cover up for him. I think his approval numbers will slide to Bush levels and his wife will be even less popular.I agree and I'm confident that the American people will not listen to this for more than four years.

And BTW - Where the hell is Joe Biden hiding these days?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyW9e5QdWxk

djones520
12-02-2008, 04:51 AM
I agree and I'm confident that the American people will not listen to this for more than four years.

And BTW - Where the hell is Joe Biden hiding these days?

Should Biden be doing something? Was Cheney out parading after the elections? Personally, I'd rather Biden be tucked away in some closet where he can't do anything.

noonwitch
12-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, he doesn't officially take office until 1-20-09. Any official response to the Mumbai attacks still has to come from the current President, although Obama did make a statement of support for India's efforts against terrorism.

enslaved1
12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
and hopefully that will push the liberal agenda back for decades.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/roillw2006/obama324.gif

Point 1: libs never admit failure, they just blame it on the evil rich. IF the MSM even talks about the inevitable blunders (he is human after all), they will be short blips buried at the bottom of the page, kind of like good news that comes out of Iraq. IF he gets lousy approval stats, it will never be told, unless it's wrapped in a racism tortilla.
Point 2: that picture is the great. The Fresh Prez of Bel Air :D.

M21
12-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Should Biden be doing something? Was Cheney out parading after the elections? Personally, I'd rather Biden be tucked away in some closet where he can't do anything.

My motivation is purely for entertainment purposes only. Joe's always good for a gaff...uh...laugh.

wulfpaw
12-03-2008, 06:06 AM
If he honestly answered "What are you doing here, now?" I'd expect him to look at the camera with a vacant, questioning look, and say "Uh, I don't know.. This is what I'm supposed to be doing.. isn't it?" Hiring this man to be president is like hiring a mallcop to head the police department of a major city. He's in the running, in a roundabout sort of way, but don't expect more than what all he's ever done in the past. This's why he's surrounded himself with has-beens, he expects his administration to run on the momentum of their experience.

AmPat
12-04-2008, 04:06 AM
Well, he doesn't officially take office until 1-20-09. Any official response to the Mumbai attacks still has to come from the current President, although Obama did make a statement of support for India's efforts against terrorism.

I agree. Obama is NOT the POTUS and as such needs to stay out of the way and in the background. Jan. 20th is too soon to begin listening to him anyway.