PDA

View Full Version : Okay...

asdf2231
11-30-2008, 03:56 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/fams%20and%20stuff/DSCF5665.jpg

Winter is officially sucking.

/O.CON.KMKX.WS.W.0007.081130T1800Z- 081201T1200Z/ FOND DU LAC-SHEBOYGAN- DODGE-WASHINGTON-OZAUKEE-DANE- JEFFERSON- WAUKESHA-MILWAUKEE-GREEN- ROCK-WALWORTH-RACINE-KENOSHA- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FOND DU LAC...SHEBOYGAN...BEAVER DAM... WEST BEND...PORT WASHINGTON...MADISON... JEFFERSON...LAKE MILLS... WAUKESHA... BROOKFIELD...MILWAUKEE...MONROE... JANESVILLE... BELOIT...ELKHORN...LAKE GENEVA...RACINE...KENOSHA 1159 AM CST SUN NOV 30 2008
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST MONDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST MONDAY.

SNOW WILL CONTINUE DEVELOPING THIS AFTERNOON...AND CONTINUE THROUGH TONIGHT...BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY MONDAY MORNING.

IN ADDITION...NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS WILL STRENGTHEN TO 20 TO 30 MPH... GUSTING AT TIMES TO 35 MPH. THIS WILL LEAD TO AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

I'm off to the store to do the grocery shopping I should have done two hours ago.

I am fairly confident the panicking idiots will have by now cleared the shelves of bread, toilet paper and milk. :-)

Phillygirl
11-30-2008, 03:59 PM

I'm off to the store to do the grocery shopping I should have done two hours ago.

I am fairly confident the panicking idiots will have by now cleared the shelves of bread, toilet paper and milk. :-)

I'll never understand that. Even though I don't drink milk, or use bread, even I find myself buying it when there's a snowstorm coming. And a chicken. I always buy a chicken.

Goldwater
11-30-2008, 04:06 PM
asdf that looks like a lovely winter setting.

lacarnut
11-30-2008, 04:08 PM
I went to the grocery store this am; beautiful sunny day in south Louisiana. Windy with the temp around 60 degrees. You'll keep that snow and bad weather up north.

Jumpy
11-30-2008, 04:43 PM
One good snowstorm a year is good.. around Christmas, and it should be big enough to close everything down for at least one working day. The snow should stay on the sledding areas.. the grass, and it should evaporate on the driveways and the roads. Now that would be nice.

I have never done the grocery store panic runs. I have always lived within a mile or two of a big grocery store, and even closer to a convenience store, and a walk to the grocery store, pulling a sled, is always fun the first time.

Bubba Dawg
11-30-2008, 06:19 PM

We may get flurries tonight.

I saw in the weather bulletin Fon Du Loc.

Remember Al Sleet, the Hippie Dippie Weatherman with your Hippy Dippy Weather, Man? :D

jinxmchue
12-01-2008, 06:53 AM
You wussies.

SarasotaRepub
12-01-2008, 07:40 AM
It's snowing here to ASDF. :(

But just a widdle on the grass. :D

RobJohnson
12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
The picture looks really neat, but I know what a pain in the rear snow can be.

One winter after the car business took a dump....I took a job in the deli at a grocery store....we loved it when the weather men would dramatize the forcast....it was great for sales!

I think alot of our customers remember when they used to live out in the sticks, and would be snowed in for days at a time....others were simply stocking up in case the kids had a couple snow days so there would be food in the house for lunches, etc..

It would make me happy knowing that the old people (over 50:D) were staying home and off the roads!

RobJohnson
12-01-2008, 11:54 AM
I'll never understand that. Even though I don't drink milk, or use bread, even I find myself buying it when there's a snowstorm coming. And a chicken. I always buy a chicken.

Does the chicken eat the bread?

M21
12-01-2008, 12:00 PM

Not a live one I hope. :p

M21
12-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Winter ROCKS! It's time to strap on the sticks and hit the slopes. We finally are getting some real weather. We need big powder!

RobJohnson
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM
It's time to strap on the sticks and hit the slopes.

Sounds naughty. :p

M21
12-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Sounds naughty. :p
I wondered how long that would take. :)