PDA

View Full Version : US Troops Run a Car of Russian Diplomats Off the Road in Iraq

megimoo
12-01-2008, 03:52 AM
US troops run a car of Russian diplomats off the road in Iraq

Baghdad An incident took place between US troops and Russian diplomats in Baghdad.

Three cars of Russian diplomats left the embassy in the Green Zone for the international airport, APA reports quoting Vesti.ru. The Foreign Ministry of Russia said a group of U.S. armored personnel carriers overtook a convoy of three Russian embassy cars headed to the airport one APC deliberately swerved into the lead Russian car, trying to push it off the road. It says the car was severely damaged and almost overturned. The ministry said three diplomats and some of their guards suffered bruises.
http://en.apa.az/news.php?id=92686

marinejcksn
12-01-2008, 06:16 AM
That'll learn them Ruskies! :cool:

All kidding aside, sounds like another hatchet job to me. You know how much trouble we troops would get into if we intentionally ran a vehicle off the road? They're ready to bust us down in rank over hitting lamp posts on the base I'm at! (A friend of mine almost got busted down for backing into one).

I smell a rat.

Odysseus
12-01-2008, 09:39 AM
All kidding aside, sounds like another hatchet job to me. You know how much trouble we troops would get into if we intentionally ran a vehicle off the road? They're ready to bust us down in rank over hitting lamp posts on the base I'm at! (A friend of mine almost got busted down for backing into one).
I smell a rat.

Especially a carload of diplomats. Can you say "Career-ending gesture?" I can't imagine that the car wasn't marked in some way to identify the embassy, especially if it was a three-car convoy. Either these were troopies who passed the ASVAB on dumb luck (and I do mean dumb), or there's more to this than we're getting.

lacarnut
12-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Could be that the Ruskies were playing a game of chicken by slowing down to a crawl; the APC's tried to pass and boom one of their vehicles got creamed when it ventured into the other lane. .

megimoo
12-01-2008, 09:57 AM

I smell a rat.I'll bet the problem was the Russians refused to stop at a check point and they ran them down to check out who they where .And Borris is lucky he didn't have a few rounds in his ass !