PDA

View Full Version : Protect Yourself (from colds)

RobJohnson
12-01-2008, 08:37 AM
I found a great little article that seems to be a great reminder on how to keep from getting sick!

Studies have shown that through a complex system of chemical processes sugar and processed foods depress the immune system. There exists a direct link between the amount of these foods that your child consumes and his/her health.

Obvious foods such as sodas, candy, cookies, ice cream, and potato chips are the big guns that should be kept concealed.

More (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/5-ways-to-protect-your-kids-and-yourself-from-the-flu-306773/)

What, no ice cream??? :D

Stay well!

Anyone fighting a cold or flu? What made you feel better?

Celtic Rose
12-01-2008, 09:18 AM
One of the best ways to protect yourself from colds and flus is to wash your hands, which the article has as the last point.

Gingersnap
12-01-2008, 09:41 AM
The very best way to avoid colds is to avoid children. :)

RobJohnson
12-01-2008, 09:44 AM

Good point! :p

linda22003
12-01-2008, 11:32 AM

Each one seems to be a veritable whirling vortex of disease. My friends with small children are sick all the time.

RobJohnson
12-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I am pretty sure Ginger has given me the best advice EVER.

Doing my best to stay away from kids!!!!! :D

noonwitch
12-01-2008, 01:11 PM

I'm getting over a bad one that I'm sure I caught from children. I don't know how teachers deal with it, or if they get immune after a while.

ralph wiggum
12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm getting over a bad one that I'm sure I caught from children. I don't know how teachers deal with it, or if they get immune after a while.

Teachers somehow get immune, but their spouses sure don't.