PDA

View Full Version : Missing Monday

biccat
12-01-2008, 12:13 PM
I saw no day thread. While I voted against the day threads in some poll or another (only because it lacked a "JOOOOOOOS" option), my day seems to be incomplete without seeing one. Maybe I'm turning to the Dark Side.

Weather here went from fall to winter overnight. One day we were in the mid-fifties, the next snow was falling, and we got over an inch over the weekend. Had to break out the snow removal gear.

TOTD: What's your preferred means of coping with winter weather? Snow shovel, snow blower, or some other fancy way of getting rid of this stuff? Do you use rock salt on your driveway, or just hope that there's no one in the street when you skid onto the main road?

Also, apologies to whomever was supposed to do the day thread, but you snooze, you lose! :D

linda22003
12-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Since I live in the DC area, my usual method of coping is to work at home. No one here can drive in icy weather, and I'm not going to get my car totaled just to go to the office. :p

RobJohnson
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Sorry to hear about the snow, I hope you stay safe.

TOTD: I dealt with winter by moving west. It was not easy, but I managed to get it done...not only do I not have any winter related stress...I pretty much have no stress at all....semi-retired at 40 is not all that bad!

Gingersnap
12-01-2008, 12:31 PM
I think Monday is ups for grabs.

It snowed where I live all weekend pretty much but the roads were okay. It will be nice today and tomorrow but more snow is forecast for later in the week.

TOTD: We shovel and use this snow-wedging thing. I use salt on the patio but not in front since we don't live where there are sidewalks. We keep the normal stranded-in-the-winter stuff in the car until May.