PDA

View Full Version : BBC Apologizes After Indecent Exposure Incident Airs Live - On Radio.

Gingersnap
12-01-2008, 04:41 PM
BBC sorry after John Barrowman exposed himself
Dec 1 2008 WalesOnline

The BBC has apologised and admitted today that a live radio show during which TV star John Barrowman exposed himself “overstepped the mark”.

Barrowman, who lives in Cardiff Bay, performed the act during an interview on Radio 1’s Switch show yesterday evening, after being prompted on the subject.

(snip)

During yesterday’s show, presented by Nick Grimshaw and Annie Mac, Grimshaw asked Barrowman, who has starred in Doctor Who and its spin-off Torchwood: “You’re famous, we’re told for getting your willy out in interviews.

“Is this going to happen today?”

Barrowman responded by saying he was going to “get it out”, amid shouting and laughter.

He was later heard to say: “I didn’t take the whole thing out, but I got my fruit and nuts out.”

Annie Mac apologised on air at the end of the programme for any offence that may have been caused.

The BBC emphasised that nothing untoward was screened online.

Dude, you're doing it wrong. :rolleyes:

Wales (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/cardiff-news/2008/12/01/bbc-sorry-after-john-barrowman-exposed-himself-91466-22378720/)

bijou
12-01-2008, 04:42 PM
That's what happens when we allow Americans onto the radio. :(

Gingersnap
12-01-2008, 05:20 PM
That's what happens when we allow Americans onto the radio. :(

It's true, you can't take us any place. :p

Goldwater
12-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Its the radio, who cares. Unless people are going to get upset over mental images now.

bijou
12-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Its the radio, who cares. Unless people are going to get upset over mental images now.

I didn't hear it, but I believe a webcam was involved, so I suppose there could have been children listening/watching the show over the internet. Bit of a non story really but if it damages the BBC then I'm cool with it.

Goldwater
12-01-2008, 06:02 PM
I didn't hear it, but I believe a webcam was involved, so I suppose there could have been children listening/watching the show over the internet. Bit of a non story really but if it damages the BBC then I'm cool with it.

Ah well, that might be different then.

BBC is having some trouble with it's "liberal" image lately.

Gingersnap
12-01-2008, 08:24 PM
The BBC claims that no "fruit" or "nuts" were exposed on the cam. I guess they didn't count any of the BBC on-air talent in that tally. :D

Jumpy
12-01-2008, 08:25 PM
If nothing was shown, what is the big deal?? I remember Glenn Beck did a naked radio show a few years ago. Funniest thing ever!!

Gingersnap
12-01-2008, 08:27 PM
If nothing was shown, what is the big deal?? I remember Glenn Beck did a naked radio show a few years ago. Funniest thing ever!!

Well, yeah - he's Mormon. These people are all atheists. :D

SarasotaRepub
12-01-2008, 08:38 PM

He did? LOL, I must have missed that one!!!:D

Jumpy
12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
He did? LOL, I must have missed that one!!!:D

I had tears streaming, I was laughing so hard. It was on webcam, but just the top half.. duh. This was probably 3-4 years ago.

Bubba Dawg
12-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Okay, I'm confused. When all of you arre posting here........ you're wearing clothing? :eek:

I suddenly feel so......naked..... :o:o

So it's CU, not see you.....?????

My bad....

jinxmchue
12-02-2008, 10:00 AM
"TV star John Barrowman"

Who?

bijou
12-02-2008, 03:01 PM
"TV star John Barrowman"

Who?
He plays Jack Harkness in a rather convoluted but nonetheless somewhat entertaining sci-fi series marginally related to Dr Who.

ooxubBChIg4

Goldwater
12-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Dr. Who and any spin-off is just embarrassing. :D

FeebMaster
12-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Dr. Who and any spin-off is just embarrassing. :D

Heathen.