PDA

View Full Version : Lounge Lizards! Your Mission, Should You Chose To Accept It...

Gingersnap
12-01-2008, 08:39 PM
....Is to help me out with those infernal stocking stuffers for Mr. Snaps! I hate this part!

Parameters: individual items under $6 or $7 dollars each, no sex-promise notes (that's another holiday), no lovey-dovey stuff.

His interests: wars, home improvement, wildlife management, strategic gaming (paper or software), chess (rated player), backyard improvement (not "gardening"), weird history, real history, Americana, BBQ, the hardware store (all of them), laughing at stupid people, being kind to stupid people, the European Fronts of WWII, RPGs, bayonets, and zombies.

There's more, of course, but this is representative. He normally just buys anything he likes but I have gone to heroic efforts to secure the actual Christmas presents. Now I need help with the stocking stuff. :eek:

Space Gravy
12-01-2008, 08:51 PM
A long bbq grill lighter.

A cool key ring.

Celtic Rose
12-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Darwin Awards books are good for laughing at stupid people.

Whack a Zombie kit (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0762434244)might be good for a laugh

Handheld electronic Sudoku games are available if he likes that, but those probably tend closer to 15 to 20 dollars.

BadCat
12-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Does he have one of those cool little LED flashlights that go on your keychain?

biccat
12-01-2008, 09:15 PM
http://www.iconusa4.com/online/Images/Board-games/Zombies/BagOZombies_med.jpg

You'll have to be more specific about the "strategic gaming" bit.

Zeus
12-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Is Mr.Snaps a Man Ie He can build/fix things with his his hands, then go to the harware section of a store and get things like a telescoping light or magnet or mirror or assorted handyman doo dads.

Is mr. Snaps a puter nerd then get him something nerd related.

If Mr. Snaps one of them metrosexual guys I can't help ya there.

Gingersnap
12-01-2008, 09:29 PM
To all: no on the LED keyring, the zombie pack is cool but I need a link, Strat games: must have math on paper - must have odds on software, BBQ idea - cool!, hardware suggestions - we've been married a really, really long time and he has all the laser levelers, tape measures, chalk cords, utility knives, and camo duct tape he will need until the Second Coming.

But this is great! Keep it coming! :)

patriot45
12-01-2008, 09:38 PM
We got zombies covered but the cheapest thing IS a key chain! Get some gore!

Send more paramedics (http://www.gore-galore.com/misc.php)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/food/key_chain.gif

JB
12-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Dogs Playing Poker Beer Koozies always class up a BBQ.

I have no idea if they make them.

biccat
12-01-2008, 09:43 PM
To all: no on the LED keyring, the zombie pack is cool but I need a link, Strat games: must have math on paper - must have odds on software, BBQ idea - cool!, hardware suggestions - we've been married a really, really long time and he has all the laser levelers, tape measures, chalk cords, utility knives, and camo duct tape he will need until the Second Coming.

But this is great! Keep it coming! :)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bag+o+zombies&x=0&y=0

biccat
12-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Actually, since he likes wars and zombies, you should get him some plastic army men in addition to the zombies.

Bubba Dawg
12-01-2008, 10:35 PM
A shaving brush, a cup for shaving soap, and a cake of shaving soap.

I like to use a brush and lather shaving soap when I shave and I love it.

I hate and refuse to use 'a can of foamin' goo', as Zappa said.

M21
12-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Actually, since he likes wars and zombies, you should get him some plastic army men in addition to the zombies.

That's what I was thinkin. A bag of Army men, a pack of fire crackers, and a bic lighter. Been keeping boys entertained for years.

Of course she could just wear the sock and nothing else. It's all technique.

Bubba Dawg
12-01-2008, 10:43 PM
That's what I was thinkin. A bag of Army men, a pack of fire crackers, and a bic lighter. Been keeping boys entertained for years.

Of course she could just wear the sock and nothing else. It's all technique.

If you mix Vaseline with lighter fluid, you can make napalm.

M21
12-02-2008, 12:06 AM
If you mix Vaseline with lighter fluid, you can make napalm.A couple of funny videos on youtube are "Saving Plastic Ryan" and "A Pack of Brothers"

Gingersnap
12-02-2008, 09:45 AM
A shaving brush, a cup for shaving soap, and a cake of shaving soap.

I like to use a brush and lather shaving soap when I shave and I love it.

I hate and refuse to use 'a can of foamin' goo', as Zappa said.

Hah! This is one of the things I was thinking about for a more major present. Mr. Snaps is old school and uses a safety razor but he doesn't use the brush/shaving soap combo. Yet. :D

BadCat
12-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Hah! This is one of the things I was thinking about for a more major present. Mr. Snaps is old school and uses a safety razor but he doesn't use the brush/shaving soap combo. Yet. :D

You won't like it.
It will leave a soap ring in your sink. Soap - mixed with hairs.

Gingersnap
12-02-2008, 10:32 AM
You won't like it.

I already have to deal with the hairs. It can't be any worse than those gel blobs. :eek:

Bubba Dawg
12-02-2008, 06:57 PM

I saw one on Amazon that was $126.00. For a brush.

Mine is the economy model. The soap smells like pine.

Bubba Dawg
12-02-2008, 06:58 PM
You won't like it.

It does do that, BC, but I just rinse til it's gone.

Bubba Dawg
12-02-2008, 06:59 PM
A couple of funny videos on youtube are "Saving Plastic Ryan" and "A Pack of Brothers"

I will so check them out. Green Army Men Rulz.

Gingersnap
12-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I saw one on Amazon that was $126.00. For a brush.

Mine is the economy model. The soap smells like pine.

What was the name of the soap? Some of them smell just like flowers and he won't go for that. I can't seem to find any that smell like wood shavings, freshly mixed concrete, or bratwurst. :D

Bubba Dawg
12-02-2008, 08:58 PM
What was the name of the soap? Some of them smell just like flowers and he won't go for that. I can't seem to find any that smell like wood shavings, freshly mixed concrete, or bratwurst. :D

I threw away the box but I know where I bought it. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

Gingersnap
12-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I threw away the box but I know where I bought it. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks! I think he'll like it once he gets used to it. Why boar's hair, though? All these brushes seem to be boar hair brushes and this seems to be important in some way that XX chromosome people can't access. :confused:

Bubba Dawg
12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks! I think he'll like it once he gets used to it. Why boar's hair, though? All these brushes seem to be boar hair brushes and this seems to be important in some way that XX chromosome people can't access. :confused:

There are deep dark secrets of Manliness that just can't be shared with ....the female of the species Dear Dear Ginger. :cool:

Miz Bubba said she would go by tomorrow and get the brand for you.

You are both so very lucky to have me. sniff...... :p

Gingersnap
12-02-2008, 09:34 PM
There are deep dark secrets of Manliness that just can't be shared with ....the female of the species Dear Dear Ginger. :cool:

Miz Bubba said she would go by tomorrow and get the brand for you.

You are both so very lucky to have me. sniff...... :p

So, what I'm getting out this is that men have affinity or common cause with wild pigs. Is that it? Sort like a totem or something? This would explain some things that I never understood in those "couples encounters" at church. :p

Bubba Dawg
12-02-2008, 09:41 PM
So, what I'm getting out this is that men have affinity or common cause with wild pigs. Is that it? Sort like a totem or something? This would explain some things that I never understood in those "couples encounters" at church. :p

The Fraternity of the Boar? I don't know what you're talking about. :eek:

There isn't a secret handshake, or anything.

Totem.....? No comment.

Harumph. Harumph.

Nice weather we're having.....:D

Old Boar to Piglets....THEY'RE INSIDE THE WIRE!!!!! :eek:

Call in artillery on our own position.......!!!!!!

Gingersnap
12-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Old Boar to Piglets....THEY'RE INSIDE THE WIRE!!!!! :eek:

Call in artillery on our own position.......!!!!!!

I'm leaving.....I'm leaving. Here, have some tasty corn.

*backs away slowly, checks safety*

Bubba Dawg
12-02-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm leaving.....I'm leaving. Here, have some tasty corn.

*backs away slowly, checks safety*

Tasty Corn!!!!! MMMMMMMMMM NUB NUB NUB.......

Bubba Dawg
12-03-2008, 07:42 PM

Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap.

http://www.grandpabrands.com/catalog1280.html

http://www.rubber-ducky.com/media/Pine_Tar_Soap.jpg

Smells like pine tar. Lathers white. I like the way it feels on my face. Smells and Feels 'clean' if you know what I mean.

It is a rectangular bar so it may not fit in some lathering cups/bowls without breaking the bar. Not really a big bar but be aware. Grandpa's Oatmeal soap smells good too.

Bubba Dawg
12-03-2008, 08:02 PM
This is one i want to try as well.

http://www.shoplondons.com/ligepupishcr.html

http://www.razorandbrush.com/lit.jpg

Gingersnap
12-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Thank you! I'll get it!

I ordered the new replacement double edge razor and cup/mug/whatever today. After last night I was ready to get the boar hair brush but some guy made such a good case for badger hair that I went with that. I have no least idea what I'm doing.

I remember one time Mr. Snaps bought me some knitting needles that were, like, elevens or something. He said, "But these were the biggest ones!" I may be out of my league or above my pay grade on this project.

At least we aren't talking straight razors. He used a straight razor before we were married.

Before. :D

Bubba Dawg
12-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I think he will like it. I don't like the floral smelling soaps and am not really crazy over the citrus ones either.

Something about the pungency of pine appeals to me.

Space Gravy
12-07-2008, 01:19 PM
A deck of playing cards.

Pez.

Goldwater
12-07-2008, 01:25 PM
This Wasn't In The Training.