PDA

View Full Version : Police remind people not to take selfies with bears, as if that has to be said

Banacek
09-15-2017, 04:29 PM
In case people needed a reminder on how not to interact with wild animals, the Aspen Police Department issued a detailed press release reminding people not to use a bear sighting as a selfie-op.

Seriously.

If you're wondering why a police department has to take the time to write these words that should honestly be common sense, read on.

On Wednesday, Aspen officers spent a bulk of their day monitoring a mom and two bear cubs who had taken up residence in a tree on the Hyman Avenue Mall.
That night, the situation escalated. The mom and cubs finally decided to come down from the tree and were greeted by a "fairly large crowd of photo-takers and those that insisted on trying to get close enough to take selfies,” Sgt. Rob Fabrocini with Aspen PD said.

Fabrocini recalls, among other things, witnessing a woman walk up to the bears trying to take a selfie, while carrying her child

You read that right. A mom with her child approached three wild animals.

"We were about 30 feet away and we were trying to do the best we can to keep people away, but it's a large area and people get by us. And you know, every couple minutes I'd turn around and like I said there was a woman holding a child within five feet of the bear trying to take a selfie with her back to the bear - which was very aggravating to see that." said Sgt. Fabrocini

I nominate this woman as an Obama Award candidate !

http://www.9news.com/news/local/police-remind-people-not-to-take-selfies-with-bears-as-if-that-has-to-be-said/474905898

Angry Old White Man
09-15-2017, 05:14 PM
Probably hoping to get attacked so she could sue the cops :livid:

SaintLouieWoman
09-16-2017, 01:00 AM
Probably hoping to get attacked so she could sue the cops :livid:

Sort of like the family of the guy who was shot by the cop in St Louis---cause of the "protest" going on now. I read the "fiance" or baby mom was paid $900k by the City of St Louis. As someone who dealt with the city as a sales rep for many years, they don't have that amount of money. It really had to impact their other buying for their fiscal year.

SarasotaRepub
09-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Good lord, what a moron.

Retread
09-16-2017, 01:09 PM
Darwinian theory at work