PDA

View Full Version : My cat just died

marinejcksn
12-02-2008, 06:46 AM
Today is a sad day in the dust bowl of Iraq of which I currently call "home". Just got a card from mom; my cat Tigger was really sick and had to be put down, dad buried him in the yard back home in Pennsylvania.

He meant a lot to our house; in 1996 my mom almost committed suicide 2 days before Christmas and when she was in the hospital my older sister brought Tigger home for me. He was this tiny little Maine Coon longhair kitten, grey with little white paws. Hard to believe that was 12 years ago already.

RIP buddy. We'll miss ya. :(

SarasotaRepub
12-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Sorry to hear that marine, always tough to lose a pet. :(

Living in La
12-02-2008, 07:44 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

marinejcksn
12-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Thanks everyone. I seem to have bad luck in particular with pets while on Iraq deployments; while I was here in 2006 my dog Dottie died too.

asdf2231
12-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Ah man, sorry for your loss.

Maine Coons are the best. :(

Gingersnap
12-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Poor guy! I bet Tigger was a great cat. :(

Celtic Rose
12-02-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry for your loss :(

jinxmchue
12-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Our cat Tigger died a couple years ago when his bladder became obstructed. He has surgery, but was so sick that he didn't survive.

Recently, one of our new cats had to be given away to a farm because his bad behavior was just too intolerable with the new baby.

RobJohnson
12-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear about the cat.

Have a safe day.

marinejcksn
12-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Our cat Tigger died a couple years ago when his bladder became obstructed. He has surgery, but was so sick that he didn't survive.

Recently, one of our new cats had to be given away to a farm because his bad behavior was just too intolerable with the new baby.

Sorry to hear it friend.

Seems like the "bad" cats usually make their way down to my dad's farm as well...our feline population was over 50 last summer! Finally my grandma got involved with the local trap/spay/release program that the vet offers, alot of the older ones died off so my dad says he only has 20 or so now. lol

Trying to get another Maine Coon kitten if I find one available. They're the best cats we've ever had, those and the Russian Blue too.

noonwitch
12-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm sorry about your cat.

Maine Coon Cats are pretty. I have a pretty black cat that is no particular breed, but had the fortune as a kitten of having been almost run down in the street by me-my guilt gave her a home.

newshutr
12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
My condolences. I had a Maine Coon also. He had pancreatic cancer. They are the most loving type of cat. Very loyal.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Molon Labe
12-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I've lost so many animals too....and it never get's any easier.

Teetop
12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss of a close friend. Keep the memories of him close.

BadCat
12-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Today is a sad day in the dust bowl of Iraq of which I currently call "home". Just got a card from mom; my cat Tigger was really sick and had to be put down, dad buried him in the yard back home in Pennsylvania.

He meant a lot to our house; in 1996 my mom almost committed suicide 2 days before Christmas and when she was in the hospital my older sister brought Tigger home for me. He was this tiny little Maine Coon longhair kitten, grey with little white paws. Hard to believe that was 12 years ago already.

RIP buddy. We'll miss ya. :(

My sympathies.
I had to put down my 22 year old boy a couple of weeks ago.
Man, 22 years is a long time to spend with a cat, he was a good one.

Zathras
12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully this pic will lift your spirit...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/funny-pictures-kitten-watches-over-soldier.jpg

Troll
12-02-2008, 01:50 PM
My sympathies.

My parents are moving in January and are thinking about putting down our 19-year old boy. The neighbors have talked about adopting him, but they've got two big, rowdy dogs and I think the stress would kill him - he's kind of on his last legs anyway.

MJ, I'm sorry to hear about your cat. There's a special kind of sadness we feel that is reserved for pets that die. I felt it when our other cat was run over in 2004, and I'm sure you feel it now. My sympathies as well.

jinxmchue
12-02-2008, 02:04 PM
My sympathies.

Holy cow! Er... cat! Did you rename him Methuselah?

BSR
12-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Sorry to hear that bro.:(

Molon Labe
12-02-2008, 03:56 PM
My sympathies.

I was in a old hunting shop several years ago and they had an old tabby they let run around the shop. It was 22 years old too. I didn't believe cats could live that long until I saw this one. That's a long relationship and a heck of alot of will to live. Most of my cats haven't lived past 14.

newshutr
12-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Maine Coon cats are known for their longevity.

Beautiful Plumage....;)

marinejcksn
12-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks for all the warm thoughts everybody! Ya'll are some great peeps. :D