PDA

View Full Version : Another Rich Kid's Party Trashes Another Expensive House.

Gingersnap
12-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Couple's 1m house trashed after hundreds of Facebook gatecrashers storm daughter's 16th birthday party

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 3:40 PM on 02nd December 2008

Comments (61) Add to My Stories

A girl's 16th birthday party descended into chaos after 400 gatecrashers turned up and smashed up her parent's 1million town house after reading about the bash on Facebook.

Georgina Hobday, had invited around 100 friends to her MTV-style party based on the show My Super Sweet 16 in which wealthy teenagers celebrating their coming of age with elaborate bashes - then the uninvited mob turned up.

A number of the unwanted intruders were believed to be part of a gang called the Facebook Republican Army, which scours social networking websites hunting for parties to storm.

Georgina's parents Michael and Sylvia had asked four of their close adult friends to act as 'bouncers' at the party, but they could do nothing to hold back the gatecrashers.

The 1million town house was trashed in less than 30 minutes. It took more than 20 police officers to disperse the crowd of teenagers. The drunken youths simply pushed their way into the Georgina's Brighton home, laden with vodka, lager and cider and began a wrecking spree.

A garden shed was completely destroyed, while the lawn quickly became a mud bath. There were cigarette burns in expensive furniture and curtains. Mirrors were also smashed after yobs head-butted them.
House plants were even thrown around some rooms and soil was stamped into carpets.

Mrs Hobday said today: 'The My Sweet 16 programmes have made the 16th birthday a big deal.

'A few years ago it was always their 18th birthday that was important and they could go to clubs but it seemed that realistically the only place Georgina could have her party was at home.'

Four adults to police 100 teenagers is simply insane. Four adults couldn't control 100 blind 10 year old girls who had been raised in a convent school.

I have an idea! How about restricting kids to parties of no more 20 until they are old enough to hire their own security and pay for their own insurance?

Idiots (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1091124/Couples-1m-house-trashed-hundreds-Facebook-gatecrashers-storm-daughters-16th-birthday-party.html)

Goldwater
12-02-2008, 03:31 PM
How about people just not be idiots and not advertise their party on the internet? Regardless of if it is "private data" or not.

BSR
12-02-2008, 03:32 PM
How about people just not be idiots and advertise their party on the internet? Regardless of if it is "private data" or not.

Bingo......

BadCat
12-02-2008, 03:49 PM
So this is where Bijou and Hamps were the other night.

Gingersnap
12-02-2008, 03:51 PM
So this is where Bijou and Hamps were the other night.

If it was on Facebook, you know those two were there. :D

biccat
12-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Aren't the brits the ones always giving us crap about a drinking age of 21?

Although, I'm completely opposed to the stupid "Super Sweet 16" show anyway, so I hope this completely ruined the spoiled brat's birthday.