PDA

View Full Version : Death threats follow local vegan’s Facebook post about Vegas shootings

Banacek
10-06-2017, 02:35 PM
The Mother Nature Vegan Cuisine food truck is no more and its owner finds herself in the middle of a firestorm for insensitive comments about the people killed in the Las Vegas massacre.

Delinda Jensen, 60, has received death threats after posting this Facebook comment: “Yes I am jaded. Fifty nine meat eaters dead. How many animals will live because of this?”

She then made a comment under the post that said: “I don’t give a (expletive) about carnists anymore.”

Jensen, a former adjunct history professor at Marywood University, said Thursday she is living in fear since her post set off an intense backlash on social media earlier this week.

She is out of business and her bright green food truck is in a secret storage area.

“I (expletive) up,” Jensen said while sitting at her kitchen table with son and business partner, Kyle, 28. “Was it poorly written? Absolutely. Do I regret it? Yes. I am so sorry I wrote that.”

Many Facebook users shared Jensen’s post, which generated hundreds of hate-filled comments and threats and little defense of her stance.

I meant it before I didn't mean it !

https://www.metro.us/sites/default/files/styles/mystyle/public/main/articles/2017/10/06/delinda-jensen_copy.jpg

http://www.timesleader.com/news/local/677746/death-threats-follow-vegans-facebook-post-about-vegas-shootings

Angry Old White Man
10-06-2017, 02:47 PM
With all those tattoos that old broad looks like a sailor, but actually she's probably one of those commune dwellers of the late 60s . I hate to see tattoos on women and piercings of any kind, it would be like sleeping with your car with all those bolts and nuts sticking out everywhere . :biggrin-new:

Rockntractor
10-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Which one is she?

Retread
10-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Which one is she?

Good question. I think the one in black with shorter hair.

SVPete
10-06-2017, 05:00 PM
With all those tattoos that old broad looks like a sailor, but actually she's probably one of those commune dwellers of the late 60s . I hate to see tattoos on women and piercings of any kind, it would be like sleeping with your car with all those bolts and nuts sticking out everywhere . :biggrin-new:

Since she's 60 she probably graduated from high school in 1975. Don't ask how I know that without doing much Math. So she's a bit young for the late 60s hippie commune scene.

I doubt any of the death threats were serious, but they should not have been made. She should just change the name of her business, re-paint her roach coach, and re-open for business. If her food's good customers won't care that it's meat-, dairy-, and honey-free.

Dlr Pyro
10-06-2017, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=Banacek;747611]

https://www.metro.us/sites/default/files/styles/mystyle/public/main/articles/2017/10/06/delinda-jensen_copy.jpg

the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

cadillac shark
10-06-2017, 05:41 PM
I think some chick from my era married a tree.

Hippie 'causes' went away when Nixon resigned. Nothing's more maudlin than having people still trying to live the lifestyle 45-years-later... as some, like this moron, overlay a template of modern lib-intolerance onto faded 'hippie causes'. Mix-in online networking and it becomes an embarrassingly emotional blimp-wreck.

I'm glad she's paying a price.

ABC
10-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Vegetarian - That's an old Indian word meaning lousy hunter.
~ Andy Rooney

I know, these two charming looking folk are Vegans not Vegetarians, but ...

For now am going to let it pass! :biggrin-new:

SVPete
10-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Notice how carefully composed her "apology" was - giving the lie to her statement that her Tweet was badly written. She very carefully danced around and avoided saying that what she wrote was wrong. IOW, she regrets saying it publicly, but she really does feel exactly what she wrote. There are vegans who are like that. Probably not a large percentage of vegans, but some.

enslaved1
10-06-2017, 07:44 PM
I don't see any screen shots or quotes of the threats, which makes me wonder if they are real, or come close to the vicious threats that conservatives face day in and day out from the moonbat keyboard kommandos.

Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk

DumbAss Tanker
10-06-2017, 11:05 PM
Her comment was stupid and inappropriate, but anyone who'd make a death threat over it is a psycho asshole who probably should be locked up for public safety.

NJCardFan
10-07-2017, 06:27 AM
Her comment was stupid and inappropriate, but anyone who'd make a death threat over it is a psycho asshole who probably should be locked up for public safety.

I'm going to guess that the death threats were akin to "I hope you die" things like that not, "I'm going to kill you".

ABC
10-07-2017, 12:13 PM
I'm going to guess that the death threats were akin to "I hope you die" things like that not, "I'm going to kill you".

Then again could have come from the People Against Cruelty to Plants, or whatever they're called ...

The crazies that think baby carrots etc., feel pain when pulled from the ground. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(And yes, am taking a break from all the on going events happening in London today, and back here in our own country. Everything all at once! Aaargh! Will be running out of "Calgon" soon!) :biggrin-new:

SarasotaRepub
10-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Two stupid dipshits. Maybe they should move
their truck to N.Korea, I bet they would do
real well there!!!:biggrin-new:

Rockntractor
10-07-2017, 11:06 PM
I would like to rub the girl side of his hair off with a brick.