PDA

View Full Version : Silence 'deafening' over murder by homosexual

FlaGator
12-03-2008, 08:47 AM
A pro-family activist is questioning why there is no outrage over the murder of a college student by a homosexual.

On November 21, William Smithson, 43, of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, was sentenced to life in prison for the September 2006 strangulation murder of 23-year-old Jason Shephard. Smithson, a homosexual, murdered Shephard after slipping him GHB, a date rape drug, then hid the body in the basement of his home.

Diane Gramley, president of the American Family Association of Pennsylvania, says it is ironic that homosexuals used the murder ten years ago of Matthew Shepherd to push for hate crimes laws -- yet remain largely silent about the murder of Jason Shephard.

"[It's] a true double standard, because Jason Shephard's murder has been under the radar screen -- and basically, unless you're in Pennsylvania monitoring this kind of stuff, you don't hear about it," says Gramley. "But Matthew Shepherd? Everyone in the country knows who Matthew Shepherd is."

Gramley points out homosexual activists claim Matthew Shepherd was targeted because he was homosexual. But ABC News later revealed that Matthew Shepherd was the victim of a botched robbery -- a finding the media has largely ignored.

The Pennsylvania activist wonders where the outrage is from homosexuals over the 2006 murder. In a press release, she describes the silence from that community as "deafening."

The whole story is here (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=338038)

Phillygirl
12-03-2008, 08:54 AM
This is an incredibly sad case. The trial just concluded. I was surprised the death penalty wasn't imposed.

Speedy
12-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Look up the Carr Brothers from Kansas and then ask yourself if there is bias protecting certain cultural groups.

noonwitch
12-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Maybe a man drugging, raping and killing someone of any gender who doesn't want to have sex with him isn't exactly a new story. The only difference between the ordinary cases is that the victim in this case is a man.

Now if it was a lesbian killer, that'd be news, just like pregnant victims are generally national news.

Rebel Yell
12-03-2008, 09:38 AM
People, people, people. How many times must we go over this? White, straight men can, in no circumstances, be the victim of anything, ever. We are ALWAYS the bad guy.

Speedy
12-03-2008, 09:43 AM
Except in Baltimore. They did a study over the course of a year on all the murders committed there and they had over 300, if I remember. There was a lot of black killing black. There was alot of black killing white. They found not a single instance, not one of a white killing a black.

wilbur
12-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Seriously, is there some secret orginization that tracks and stalks every gay person to watch for any misdeeds? Then when ever a homosexual is involved in a crime they can circulate the story in the press so that we're all reminded how scary they are... and how hypocritical everyone is who doesnt immediately jump up with indignation and condemnation.. even though they may have never heard the story...

Rebel Yell
12-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Seriously, is there some secret orginization that tracks and stalks every gay person to watch for any misdeeds? Then when ever a homosexual is involved in a crime they can circulate the story in the press so that we're all reminded how scary they are... and how hypocritical everyone is who doesnt immediately jump up with indignation and condemnation.. even though they may have never heard the story...

Yeah, it's our answer to your people. You know the ones who jump up and claim every white person who assaults a non white person is racially motivated, every straight person who assaults a homo is hate related. That fire is alot hotter at the other end of torch, ain't it?

Wilbur, you're a pretty smart fella. I know you can see the hypocrisy in this.

FlaGator
12-03-2008, 10:31 AM

So there is hypocrisy in pointing out that some cultural groups do not receive the same media coverage as other cultural groups... that is an interesting point of view.

M21
12-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Becasue the positive image of homosexuality must under no circumstances become tarnished.

Rebel Yell
12-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Becasue the positive image of homosexuality must under no circumstances become tarnished.

They're just like us, except they suck dick and take it up the butt. I really don't care if a person is gay, as long as that's not the only way they can identify themselves.

noonwitch
12-03-2008, 02:40 PM
They're just like us, except they suck dick and take it up the butt. I really don't care if a person is gay, as long as that's not the only way they can identify themselves.

If a guy says to you "Hi, I'm John and I'm feeling fabulous today", you probably don't need him to identify his sexuality.

marinejcksn
12-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Yeah, it's our answer to your people. You know the ones who jump up and claim every white person who assaults a non white person is racially motivated, every straight person who assaults a homo is hate related. That fire is alot hotter at the other end of torch, ain't it?

http://bevan.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/pwned3.jpg

:D For those about to rock, I salute you. Nicely done Sir. :D

Molon Labe
12-04-2008, 08:26 AM

Right...
And if homosexuality is something that is biological as some apologists argue....then why is it important to celebrate a fact of nature..something you can't control. That's like expecting to be given credit for curly or straight hair or your eye color.

Rebel Yell
12-04-2008, 08:52 AM
If a guy says to you "Hi, I'm John and I'm feeling fabulous today", you probably don't need him to identify his sexuality.

I actually know a John who's gay.He was a friend of the wife's. I can't stand to be around him. He's one of those who wants to make sure everyone within earshot is aware of his sexuality. He's strung out on meth now, so I don't have to see him.

Steve, on the other hand, doesn't hide the fact that he is gay. He also don't advertise it. It don't take long to figure it out, but he don't talk about being gay 24 hours a day like John. I enjoy sitting around and talking with Steve. He is a good guy.

Difference between the two = Steve is gay / John is a faggott.

Speedy
12-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I actually know a John who's gay.He was a friend of the wife's. I can't stand to be around him. He's one of those who wants to make sure everyone within earshot is aware of his sexuality. He's strung out on meth now, so I don't have to see him.

Steve, on the other hand, doesn't hide the fact that he is gay. He also don't advertise it. It don't take long to figure it out, but he don't talk about being gay 24 hours a day like John. I enjoy sitting around and talking with Steve. He is a good guy.

Difference between the two = Steve is gay / John is a faggott.

My ex-brother in law is gay. He does not advertise it, but he is swishy enough that you notice. He is not being flamboyant, that is just how he is. His partner on the other hand, is a "guy." By his mannerisms, his style of dress, his job, likes, dislikes. You would never even start to imagine that the is nothing but a macho type, hard living dude. He competes in combat pistol matches. Has been into MMA for years and while he has never competed in the cage for pay, he is good enough that he gets plenty of sparring work.

You only know that he is gay if he tells you. And it is not that he is being closeted, it is just who he is. You don't go around telling anyone you are hetrosexual so why should he go around telling anyone he homosexual. In a way, it is not a bad thing that he is gay. He is a good looking personable alpha male type with a good physique. He would scoop up alot of women if he was straight.

Odysseus
12-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Right...
And if homosexuality is something that is biological as some apologists argue....then why is it important to celebrate a fact of nature..something you can't control. That's like expecting to be given credit for curly or straight hair or your eye color.
Not to mention the possibility that in the future, it will be "curable," which apalls the activists. OTOH, if it is a choice, then why must we bend over backwards to accomodate those who choose to bend the other way? This is why the whole debate is politically incorrect.

Jerry and George (in unison): "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

Wilbur, you're a pretty smart fella. I know you can see the hypocrisy in this.
He sees it. He just won't admit it. That's part of the hypocrisy.

wilbur
12-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Not to mention the possibility that in the future, it will be "curable," which apalls the activists. OTOH, if it is a choice, then why must we bend over backwards to accomodate those who choose to bend the other way? This is why the whole debate is politically incorrect.

Most gay people I know really wouldnt want any of their kids or family to be gay if they had the choice... because of the society that 'good traditional morals' has created. It isnt exactly gay friendly, despite what the 'defenders of good traditional morals' might say.

If I had kids, I wouldn't want them to be gay in this place either, but not because theres anything wrong with it. The problem is with the people who think they are the guardians of morality (read: bronze age superstitions) who foster the hostile environment.

He sees it. He just won't admit it. That's part of the hypocrisy.

Really, why is this murder news, out of the thousands that happen every year involving date rape? Because the culprit was gay? Who cares? Why, of all things, is anyone calling for what would surely be a tabloid media circus around another murder? Personally, I would rather the press spent a little less time being police report dispensers and super tabloid media frenzy generators.

And honestly.... there is a whole industry of right wing geared media that does nothing but dispense horror stories every time a homosexual looks askance at someone else... so lets not pretend no one is paying attention to these little stories. I get picked on sometimes for posting in all the gay related threads, but look where the stories are all coming from! Endless supplies of bigoted worldview reinforcing anecdotes circulate these networks... just what the doctor ordered to put a stop to any doubts that might creep inside ones head.. God forbid one might entertain the notion that the moral defenders just might have it wrong. The 'mainstream' media may have their pathologies oriented a little differently... but these nonsense stories filled with righteous indignation that get posted in thread after thread (megs) is the flip side of the same coin. I see no reason to encourage any of it.

Rebel Yell
12-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Really, why is this murder news, out of the thousands that happen every year involving date rape? Because the culprit was gay? Who cares? Why, of all things, is anyone calling for a media circus around what would certainly be another tabloid murder? Personally, I would rather the press spent a little less time being police report dispensers and super tabloid media frenzy generators.

I couldn't agree more. Why is Lacey/Stacy Peterson, Natalie Holloway, Matthew Shepard, That American Idol chick's family, etc, etc. newsworthy? Murders and crimes affecting only local people should be reported locally. My opinion is that, in reality, there's really not enough bad news to support a 24 hour news cycle, so the media just makes it jucier. You know race, religion, sexual orientation, adulterous husband, high school senior, etc.

We don't just report the news, we invent the news.

Molon Labe
12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Most gay people I know really wouldnt want any of their kids or family to be gay if they had the choice... because of the society that 'good traditional morals' has created. It isnt exactly gay friendly, despite what the 'defenders of good traditional morals' might say.

If I had kids, I wouldn't want them to be gay in this place either,

You might want to ask the progressives who've made every opportunity to make being gay a unique newsworhty topic why this is considered news. They've kinda been responsible.

Even if every place in America was gay friendly, I would not wish anyone to be so. This is not the same thing as being left or right handed. I open to hearing how it is.
Most of the gay people I respect are the ones that focused on their individual strengths and not their sexuality. Those who kept it fairly quiet and not a public matter.

Alan Bloom, Justin Raimondo, and Freddie Mercury come to mind.

wilbur
12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
I couldn't agree more. Why is Lacey/Stacy Peterson, Natalie Holloway, Matthew Shepard, That American Idol chick's family, etc, etc. newsworthy? Murders and crimes affecting only local people should be reported locally. My opinion is that, in reality, there's really not enough bad news to support a 24 hour news cycle, so the media just makes it jucier. You know race, religion, sexual orientation, adulterous husband, high school senior, etc.

<applause>

Rebel Yell
12-04-2008, 11:57 AM
You might want to ask the progressives who've made every opportunity to make being gay a unique newsworhty topic why this is considered news. They've kinda been responsible.

Even if every place in America was gay friendly, I would not wish anyone to be so. This is not the same thing as being left or right handed. I open to hearing how it is.
Most of the gay people I respect are the ones that focused on their individual strengths and not their sexuality. Those who kept it fairly quiet and not a public matter.

Alan Bloom, Justin Raimondo, and Freddie Mercury come to mind.

Freddie Mercury? Come on, lead singer for a band named Queen?:D

Molon Labe
12-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Freddie Mercury? Come on, lead singer for a band named Queen?:D

Yeah...everyone knew he was gay, but he kept his private life pretty quiet during their heyday.
It was pretty obvious wasn't it? :p

FlaGator
12-04-2008, 01:10 PM

If I had kids, I wouldn't want them to be gay in this place either, but not because theres anything wrong with it. The problem is with the people who think they are the guardians of morality (read: bronze age superstitions) who foster the hostile environment.

Really, why is this murder news, out of the thousands that happen every year involving date rape? Because the culprit was gay? Who cares? Why, of all things, is anyone calling for what would surely be a tabloid media circus around another murder? Personally, I would rather the press spent a little less time being police report dispensers and super tabloid media frenzy generators.

And honestly.... there is a whole industry of right wing geared media that does nothing but dispense horror stories every time a homosexual looks askance at someone else... so lets not pretend no one is paying attention to these little stories. I get picked on sometimes for posting in all the gay related threads, but look where the stories are all coming from! Endless supplies of bigoted worldview reinforcing anecdotes circulate these networks... just what the doctor ordered to put a stop to any doubts that might creep inside ones head.. God forbid one might entertain the notion that the moral defenders just might have it wrong. The 'mainstream' media may have their pathologies oriented a little differently... but these nonsense stories filled with righteous indignation that get posted in thread after thread (megs) is the flip side of the same coin. I see no reason to encourage any of it.

Why does any murder appear as national news when murder is so common today? Why did the Matthew Shepperd murder get the media coverage it did but the guy next door who murders his wife doesn't even make the second page of the local paper?

BTW what his the whole industry of right wing media that is geard to do nothing but dispense horror stories everytime a homosexual looks askance at someone else? Some examples would be nice. Not examples of the stories but of this whole industry you refer to.

wineslob
12-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Why is it that we MUST change the way we live, think, act, marry, ect.... for 1% of the population?? I won't even touch the fact that we HAD to endanger ourselves with a head-in-the-sand mentality towards AIDS because it affected a particular "group".

There were and are reasons why society shuns this activity.

AmPat
12-04-2008, 07:21 PM
What the heck is a hate crime anyway? Isn't a crime against another pretty much a negative emotion. Why with this logic, sociopaths who stalk and kill should be tried under a LOVE Crime charge. Afterall, they sometimes kill who they swear they love.:rolleyes:

JB
12-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Seriously, <snipped>Matthew Shepherd opened the door. Don't feign indignation when others walk through it.

MrsSmith
12-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Why does any murder appear as national news when murder is so common today? Why did the Matthew Shepperd murder get the media coverage it did but the guy next door who murders his wife doesn't even make the second page of the local paper?

BTW what his the whole industry of right wing media that is geard to do nothing but dispense horror stories everytime a homosexual looks askance at someone else? Some examples would be nice. Not examples of the stories but of this whole industry you refer to.

Maybe the "problem" is that the murder of someone because they are gay is so rare that it makes big news, while murder by gay people is so common that it's boring. Just like the murder of a black person by a white person is rare and newsworthy, while murder by blacks is common. I'm sure wilbur will agree.

FlaGator
12-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Maybe the "problem" is that the murder of someone because they are gay is so rare that it makes big news, while murder by gay people is so common that it's boring. Just like the murder of a black person by a white person is rare and newsworthy, while murder by blacks is common. I'm sure wilbur will agree.

Don't forget the whole industry of right wing media that is geard to do nothing but dispense horror stories everytime a black guy kills a white guy.

Goldwater
12-05-2008, 05:39 AM
Did the homosexual kill the straight man because he was straight? Otherwise this story has no relevance to the homosexual being killed for being a homosexual.

AmPat
12-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Did the homosexual kill the straight man because he was straight? Otherwise this story has no relevance to the homosexual being killed for being a homosexual.

Good point. Let's be sure and apply that same reason to the non-stories of the murdered victims who happened to be homosexuals.:cool:

Goldwater
12-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Good point. Let's be sure and apply that same reason to the non-stories of the murdered victims who happened to be homosexuals.:cool:

I want to be on record as having not advocated that.

FlaGator
12-05-2008, 07:47 AM

Would Matthew Shepperd or Tina Brandon been national news if not for their sexual orientation? Matthew Shepperd was a guy who was robbed and murdered and just happened to be gay. Tina Brandon is another story but if she had just been a girl killed by a guy over a lover's triangle this would have been a non story.