PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Remember This Mini-Series?

Speedy
12-03-2008, 08:50 AM
I did not see it but remember the promos for it. It was a series about terrorist attacks inside our borders. I remember wanting to see it but something came up. The promos for it showed a suicide truck bomber blowing up an army formation on a base and some terrorists running down a downtown street lobbing grenades in through the store windows.

Anyone remember watching it or what it was called?

jinxmchue
12-03-2008, 09:08 AM
I did not see it but remember the promos for it. It was a series about terrorist attacks inside our borders. I remember wanting to see it but something came up. The promos for it showed a suicide truck bomber blowing up an army formation on a base and some terrorists running down a downtown street lobbing grenades in through the store windows.

Anyone remember watching it or what it was called?

Yes! I remember this a bit. I remember them blowing up the stores (I think they were dressed as postal carriers at the time) and some terrorist standing in front of an oncoming train and blowing up. They followed this up by showing his body parts being collected (I specifically remember someone picking up two fingers still connected).

Speedy
12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
I remember Hal Holbrook was in it but looking up his list of films on IMDB nothing ran a bell. From the just the promos I do remember that it had an expensive theatrical movie look to it. There was also a scene of the terrorists shooting RPGs at the Capital Building.

My wife says that this is Tom Clancy's OP Center but I remember that one and it is quite good. The action in Op Center takes place overseas and the military is very involved. That one was pretty good for TV too.

jinxmchue
12-03-2008, 10:19 AM
I remember Hal Holbrook was in it but looking up his list of films on IMDB nothing ran a bell. From the just the promos I do remember that it had an expensive theatrical movie look to it. There was also a scene of the terrorists shooting RPGs at the Capital Building.

My wife says that this is Tom Clancy's OP Center but I remember that one and it is quite good. The action in Op Center takes place overseas and the military is very involved. That one was pretty good for TV too.

I found it! (Thanks to the actor's name you provided.) It's called "Under Siege."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092132/

My Google-fu is strong today (with a little help from my friends).

jinxmchue
12-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Hey, do you remember "Special Bulletin?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Bulletin

Speedy
12-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I found it! (Thanks to the actor's name you provided.) It's called "Under Siege."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092132/

My Google-fu is strong today (with a little help from my friends).

Thanks. It appears that this has never been released on video or DVD.

Speedy
12-03-2008, 03:04 PM
I remember special bulletin. I came in after the disclaimers about it being just a show and was shocked for a few minutes, thinking "Oh Shit!" Then my father in law (I was married to my first wife) turned the channel to Univision since he does not speak English very well. There was nothing on it. This struck me as strange because Univision is very good at breaking stories. I then checked other channels and there was nothing on them either.

Speaking of Univision, they had coverage on the ground during the West Hollywood Shootout a few years ago and their reporter was shot on live TV. He kept broadcasting the whole time. One comment that he made that I remember the most was the news anchor at the studio asking him if he was okay and he said, "I'm okay. I've been shot worse than this before."