PDA

View Full Version : Matt Damon and George Clooney knew abouit Weinstein

Banacek
10-23-2017, 12:59 PM
Matt Damon and George Clooney opened up about the predatory behavior of their some-times boss and one-time friend Harvey Weinstein on 'Good Morning America.'

In an interview that aired on Monday morning, both men said that they knew Weinstein was a 'bully' and 'womanizer' who bragged of bedding actresses, but had no idea about the level of criminal behavior that was occurring behind closed doors in hotels.

Damon also confessed that he was aware Weinstein had sexually harassed 'the first lady of Miramax' Gwyneth Paltrow just before the actress shot the 1996 film adaptation of Jane Austen's 'Emma' for the studio.

'I knew the story about Gwyneth from Ben [Affleck] because he was with her after Brad [Pitt] and so I knew that story,' said Damon.

'But I was working with Gwyneth and with Harvey on [the 1999 film "The Talented Mr.] Ripley."

He then added: ' I never talked to Gwyneth about it but Ben told me that whatever or agreement they had come to there was an understanding ... and he treated her incredibly respectfully. Always.'

Further down:

Clooney meanwhile said that like many of Weinstein's victims, he had been told a number of times by the mogul that he was bedding a number of stars.

'Harvey would talk to me about women that he had had affairs with,' said Clooney.

'I didn't necessarily believe him quite honestly, because to believe him would be to believe the worst of some actresses who were friends of mine, and I didn't really think that they had affairs with Harvey - and clearly they didn't.

He then added: 'But the idea that this predator, this assaulter was out there silencing women like that, it's beyond infuriating. And the fact that the story is coming out now and the more it comes out, I want to know all of it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5008429/Matt-Damon-KNEW-Harvey-Weinsten-harassed-Gwyneth-Paltrow.html#ixzz4wLVFgOWx

noonwitch
10-23-2017, 01:03 PM
It's obvious that everyone in Hollywood and most outside of it knew what Weinstein was up to. I got Seth McFarland's joke when he told it at the Oscars in 2013, and I have never been to Hollywood and have never had anything to do with the entertainment industry.