PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Has Known About James Toback’s Alleged Sexual Misconduct Since 1989

Banacek
10-23-2017, 01:28 PM
For those of you who still believe Hollywood had no idea whatsoever about what Harvey Weinstein was up to, let me ask — how many suns shine down on your planet? Well, even you deluded holdouts, after you read this Spy magazine article detailing director James Toback’s alleged sexual misconduct, will not be able to defend Hollywood as having no idea.

The article was written in 1989.

Yes, you read that correctly — a full 28 years prior to this weekend’s Los Angeles Times exposé on Toback, Spy magazine pretty much wrote the same exact exposé in 1989. To argue that our leftwing Hollywood and media elite knew and did not give a damn, would be an understatement.

Somehow, despite these well-documented alleged predations, his alleged abuse of his power, his alleged “just touch my nipples, and I’ll come” bon mots, Toback not only managed to write and direct another eight films, including this year’s The Private Life of a Modern Woman, but just two years after Spy detailed some 20 or so alleged allegations, Harveywood awarded Toback an Oscar nomination for his 1991 Bugsy screenplay.

You remember Bugsy, the Warren Beatty movie? You see, Toback and Beatty are/were pals. So close are/were they, in fact, that in the Spy story, we learn that Beatty supposedly told Toback to always include “one small part for a pretty young actress in every motion picture — and to schedule the auditions for that part late in the day.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/10/23/proof-hollywoods-known-tobacks-alleged-sexual-misconduct-1989/

SaintLouieWoman
10-23-2017, 05:35 PM
I wonder how Warren Beatty's wife, Annette Benning, will react to his advice to the director? None of this has to be surprising to the folks. In St Louis, our local lib rag sent out their morning ray of sunshine, mainly talking about Bill O'Reilly. They didn't say much about anything else. And of course they bashed Trump. What else is new?