PDA

View Full Version : North Korea on verge of 'catastrophe' at nuclear site - China warns Kim to STOP tests

Rockntractor
10-28-2017, 08:46 PM
NORTH Korea has been warned not to detonate another hydrogen bomb at its nuclear test site or risk a huge catastrophe for both Kim's hermit state and China.By ROSS LOGAN (http://www.express.co.uk/search?s=%20Ross%20Logan&b=1)
PUBLISHED: 17:00, Sat, Oct 28, 2017 | UPDATED: 21:21, Sat, Oct 28, 2017
Scientists from Beijing believe the Punggye-ri nuclear facility is unstable and that just one more explosion could blow the top off of Mount Mantap, beneath which all six of North Korea's nuclear tests thave been conducted.
That could lead to the mountain collapsing, causing radioactive waste to escape and blow aross the border into China just 50 miles away.
Researchers from the Chinese Academy of Sciencesí Institute of Geology and Geophysics warned Pyongyang delegates of the risk during a briefing in Beijing soon after North Korea's last nuclear test on September 3, according ot the South China Morning Post.
Tellingly, the meeting occured two days before North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho told reporters at the United Nations Assembly in New York Pyongyang was considering conducting a hydrogen bomb test over the Pacific Ocean.
Moe>http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/872394/north-korea-news-china-warns-kim-stop-nuclear-tests-punggye-ri

Ole Cowboy
10-28-2017, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a good bit 'O news, of course Kim ManWannabe might try someplace else.

Just remember Gen Mac wanted to take it them and Truman relieved him of Command putting Ridgeway in charge and to this very day, we are still at a cease fire and at war...

Rockntractor
10-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Sounds like a good bit 'O news, of course Kim ManWannabe might try someplace else.

Just remember Gen Mac wanted to take it them and Truman relieved him of Command putting Ridgeway in charge and to this very day, we are still at a cease fire and at war...China needs to tell Kim he is invited to a huge Commie party convention and barbeque and when he arrives draw and quarter him.

RobJohnson
10-28-2017, 09:13 PM
​http://livingthecollegelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/north-korean-rocket-launch-meme.jpg

Dlr Pyro
10-28-2017, 09:33 PM
​http://livingthecollegelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/north-korean-rocket-launch-meme.jpg

After spending years on a B-52 crew, sitting on nuclear alert ready for the klaxon to go off at a minute's notice, scrambling to get the bombers into the air before the inbound missiles hit home base, this image will give me more nightmares than anything else I have dealt with during my time in SAC.

FlaGator
10-28-2017, 10:04 PM
I don't think that China has as much control over North Korea as we think they have.

SarasotaRepub
10-28-2017, 10:19 PM
IMHO China just needs to give the word
and Kimmy will be taking a dirt nappy.

I'm sure there are plenty of ambitious
Generals willing to become the new
FearLess Leader.

noonwitch
10-30-2017, 09:35 AM
I don't think that China has as much control over North Korea as we think they have.

They have a big army and they are right next door. If there was some kind of nuclear accident in NK, the Chinese and the South Koreans would be impacted, and maybe thousands or more of them would die along with the North Koreans. I would bet the Chinese would prefer to overwhelmingly crush North Korea with their army than to have to go nuclear with them. They could probably do it fairly swiftly, too.

cadillac shark
10-31-2017, 10:56 AM
A 'collapse' is happening now, allegedly...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4806082/north-korea-nuclear-base-collapses-killing-200-radioactive-leak-fears-latest-updates/

....according to 'reports'..... in UK parlance means: Not Released In Typical News-Story Fashion. It has to be self-verifying as it breaks.

The UK Telegraph is reporting the same thing.

FlaGator
10-31-2017, 11:16 AM
A 'collapse' is happening now, allegedly...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4806082/north-korea-nuclear-base-collapses-killing-200-radioactive-leak-fears-latest-updates/

....according to 'reports'..... in UK parlance means: Not Released In Typical News-Story Fashion. It has to be self-verifying as it breaks.

The UK Telegraph is reporting the same thing.

Actually the Japanese say that it happened on October 10th.

Dlr Pyro
10-31-2017, 01:24 PM
A TUNNEL at an underground North Korea nuclear site has collapsed with up to 200 people killed, according to reports.

The collapse happened at the Punggye-ri nuclear test site in the north-east of the country on October 10, according to Japanís TV Asahi.

The disaster has prompted fears of a massive radioactive leak which could spark a Chernobyl- or Fukushima-style disaster.

A North Korean official said the collapse happened during the construction of an underground tunnel, South Koreaís Yonhap news agency reports.

Some 100 people are said to have been trapped by the initial tunnel collapse, with a further 100 lost in a second collapse during a rescue operation, Asahi reported Tuesday.

Lee Eugene, a spokeswoman at South Korea's unification ministry, said: "We are aware of the report but do not know anything about it."

The accident is believed to have been caused by Kim Joing-unís sixth nuclear test which weakened the mountain, according to the report.https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4806082/north-korea-nuclear-base-collapses-killing-200-radioactive-leak-fears-latest-updates/

Play with fire and you can get burned.

How is China going to deal with a breeze flowing into their country from north korea?

FlaGator
10-31-2017, 01:53 PM
They have a big army and they are right next door. If there was some kind of nuclear accident in NK, the Chinese and the South Koreans would be impacted, and maybe thousands or more of them would die along with the North Koreans. I would bet the Chinese would prefer to overwhelmingly crush North Korea with their army than to have to go nuclear with them. They could probably do it fairly swiftly, too.

At this point going nuclear might be the only choice the Chinese have. The proverbial horse is out of the barn now so China's army would have to be very careful not to inflame Kim and have him lunch a few missles China's way.

Angry Old White Man
10-31-2017, 02:07 PM
A wonderful report, hopefully it would cause an earthquake and totally destroy everything there. The firing test range is not at that location only the underground nuke testing is located there under the mountain. The question I have is will the free world allow the little piss ant to test hydrogen bombs in the Pacific, I think not ! That will probably be his undoing should he attempt that

noonwitch
10-31-2017, 02:39 PM
At this point going nuclear might be the only choice the Chinese have. The proverbial horse is out of the barn now so China's army would have to be very careful not to inflame Kim and have him lunch a few missles China's way.

I think in light of this situation, Lil' Kim's nuclear program is not as far along as he wants the rest of the world to think it is. The Chinese have a army that is one million strong. I think that China could invade NK and take it over in a matter of days. Maybe hours.

Rockntractor
10-31-2017, 02:42 PM
I think in light of this situation, Lil' Kim's nuclear program is not as far along as he wants the rest of the world to think it is. The Chinese have a army that is one million strong. I think that China could invade NK and take it over in a matter of days. Maybe hours.
I think you are probably right. He is working on a nuclear program but he is also playing poker, I prefer something gets done before he gets a good hand because I have no doubt he will play it.