PDA

View Full Version : Saints - Disabled Veteran Declining NFL Honor Over Anthem Protests 'Sad and Divisive

Banacek
11-04-2017, 02:12 PM
When a disabled, retired Navy veteran declined to be honored at this Sunday’s New Orleans Saints game due to the ongoing National Football League (NFL) player protests during the National Anthem, the Saints publicly replied, calling his decision “sad and divisive.”

Cmdr. John Wells said he could not, “in good conscience,” accept the awards due to the disrespectful behavior permitted by the NFL during the playing of the Anthem at games, The New York Post reports:

Retired Navy Cmdr. John Wells, executive director of the Louisiana-based Military Veterans Advocacy, was selected by the Saints to receive its Peoples Health Champion Award for highlighting the ‘health and well-being of our military, veterans and their families,’ according to the team’s statement Thursday.

“But Wells told the organization Wednesday not to expect him at the game, since he’s unable ‘in good conscience’ to enter an NFL stadium where some players continue to “disrespect” the American flag by kneeling or sitting before or during the national anthem.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/saints-call-disabled-veteran-declining-nfl-honor-over-anthem-protests-sad-and

Dan D. Doty
11-04-2017, 03:10 PM
wonder how long it will take Leftist to attack a disabled vet ... then claim how BRAVE they are.

NJCardFan
11-04-2017, 07:59 PM
The Saints crossed another line when they knelt during a moment of silence for a fallen police officer who was murdered by the very organization many in the NFL supports. I don't blame this guy one bit. The NFL can kiss my lily white ass. I haven't watched a game all season.