PDA

View Full Version : WaPo-How To Fix American Democracy

NJCardFan
11-12-2017, 07:36 AM
Well, for starters, we're not a democracy so there's that but apparently 39 or so moonbats decided to tell the rest of us how to 'fix' our 'democracy' which includes, and I'm not kidding, a holiday where we're all forced to give thanks to government but basically every one of these leftist moonbats' suggestions leads to the same conclusion: they want a North Korean style government: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/lifestyle/magazine/how-to-fix-american-democracy/?utm_term=.40b647a55947

Rockntractor
11-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Well, for starters, we're not a democracy so there's that but apparently 39 or so moonbats decided to tell the rest of us how to 'fix' our 'democracy' which includes, and I'm not kidding, a holiday where we're all forced to give thanks to government but basically every one of these leftist moonbats' suggestions leads to the same conclusion: they want a North Korean style government: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/lifestyle/magazine/how-to-fix-american-democracy/?utm_term=.40b647a55947
Eye wed tha awticle an miy iq dwopped therty pointz, ey hop it tum bak.

enslaved1
11-12-2017, 06:30 PM
I've thought for a while that a serious debate on mandatory voting (preferably mandated at the state level, not fed) needs to be had. The debate may show it to be a bad idea, but I still think it should be had. Other than that, the list looks like typical proggie attempts to control the dumb masses.

Although, actually teaching critical thinking would be suicide for the progressive movement, so I'm all for that one.

Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk

ralph wiggum
11-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Read the Washington Post recap email daily. Recognize that it is mostly liberal tripe, but some are sensible stories are worthwhile reading.

NJCardFan
11-12-2017, 09:05 PM
I've thought for a while that a serious debate on mandatory voting (preferably mandated at the state level, not fed) needs to be had. The debate may show it to be a bad idea, but I still think it should be had. Other than that, the list looks like typical proggie attempts to control the dumb masses.

Although, actually teaching critical thinking would be suicide for the progressive movement, so I'm all for that one.

Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk

Then we are not a free country. If you don't want to vote then don't vote. My old union mandated that in order to be a full member you have to register to vote. I looked the union president in the eye and told him that that's fine but I wanted him to know that I tend to vote for conservative/libertarian/Republican candidates. He didn't look amused which tickled me pink.