PDA

View Full Version : post counts.

aka:PBS
05-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok.............Since I know who I am...........and I am sure that most of you have figured out who I am........I REALLY do not want to be a post whore to get my post where they were at before. So with that said............Could I pretty please get my post count back? (I will gladly make a donation if that what it takes........:D)

megimoo
05-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Ok.............Since I know who I am...........and I am sure that most of you have figured out who I am........I REALLY do not want to be a post whore to get my post where they were at before. So with that said............Could I pretty please get my post count back? (I will gladly make a donation if that what it takes........:D)Get it up !

05-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Get it up !

IT'S UP! IT'S UP! (Thats what my wife says alot :D)

gator
05-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Lets give Crusty a few days to restore the old database before we go down that road.

It will be hard work for me to do it for everyone and I don't want to start until I am sure Rob can't restore the database. If he doesn't restore the database then I promise I will take care of you.

In the meantime to show solidarity I have not added my post count or start date to my profile.

SarasotaRepub
05-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Lets give Crusty a few days to restore the old database before we go down that road.

It will be hard work for me to do it for everyone and I don't want to start until I am sure Rob can't restore the database. If he doesn't restore the database then I promise I will take care of you.

In the meantime to show solidarity I have not added my post count or start date to my profile.

Translation: He can't remember them...:p :D

Gingersnap
05-29-2008, 08:45 PM

Bravo! You and I have had our differences but this is an example of real teamwork. Of course, I will still nail you on anything bizarre or counterproductive to the site. :D

Jumpy
05-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Bravo! You and I have had our differences but this is an example of real teamwork. Of course, I will still nail you on anything bizarre or counterproductive to the site. :D

hmmm... wonder what that says about SR with his thousands of posts post count. haha! Maybe he will post pics of SLW struggling to reply, or log in, as a show of his solidarity. :D

Shannon
05-29-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I was at 5k. Yes, yes I was. 5k it is.

SaintLouieWoman
05-29-2008, 10:35 PM
hmmm... wonder what that says about SR with his thousands of posts post count. haha! Maybe he will post pics of SLW struggling to reply, or log in, as a show of his solidarity. :D

I'm finally able to log in again. If the post counts can't be reinstated, Gator certainly won't have to take all his time to do it by himself. SR will help.

It's that solidarity thing. :D;) Oy!

DarkHalo
I believe this is the 4th database loss I have been thru. I had at least 20k posts and thats prolly way low. Not that there has been that much lately I guess....but back in the day...

+1

:)

DarkHalo
I'm finally able to log in again. If the post counts can't be reinstated, Gator certainly won't have to take all his time to do it by himself. SR will help.

It's that solidarity thing. :D;) Oy!

Havent got your avatar back in place yet?

SarasotaRepub
05-29-2008, 10:41 PM

I just did it for her!!! :mad::D

SaintLouieWoman
05-29-2008, 10:42 PM

Thank you soooo much, just restored it. Rather SR helped, well actually he did it all, have to tell the truth.. Can't tell you how grateful I am that you still had it. A trip back to Kanab, Utah would be very expensive to try to replicate that pic. :Dd

I'm pretty sure you would have about 20k. If you had kept posting at your old rate, you'd be up to about 50k by now.

Glad to have you back. :)

SarasotaRepub
05-29-2008, 10:44 PM

You're probably fibbing but ok...:D:D

Jumpy
05-29-2008, 10:47 PM
I believe this is the 4th database loss I have been thru. I had at least 20k posts and thats prolly way low. Not that there has been that much lately I guess....but back in the day...

+1

:)
Sometimes database losses are not such a bad thing. hehe. Thats what Im thinking. :D

SaintLouieWoman
05-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Sometimes database losses are not such a bad thing. hehe. Thats what Im thinking. :D

So how many did you have Jumpy?

If the old database gets restored, should be interesting. :D

Jumpy
05-29-2008, 11:01 PM
So how many did you have Jumpy?

If the old database gets restored, should be interesting. :D
Im sure I didnt pass 3k ish. :D

SaintLouieWoman
05-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Im sure I didnt pass 3k ish. :D

Seems to me it was higher. Guess it can be changed to 3k and if it's a lot higher, it can be corrected later.

Shannon
05-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Seems to me it was higher. Guess it can be changed to 3k and if it's a lot higher, it can be corrected later.

Please. Jumpy was pushing 10k.:rolleyes:

Jumpy
05-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Please. Jumpy was pushing 10k.:rolleyes: <gasps> No friggen way. MAYBE I was pushing 8k or so, but I would like my new post count to start at around 1k. Enough to make the newbs look up to me, and not so much to make them think that I have no life. :D

Shannon
05-29-2008, 11:12 PM
<gasps> No friggen way. MAYBE I was pushing 8k or so, but I would like my new post count to start at around 1k. Enough to make the newbs look up to me, and not so much to make them think that I have no life. :D

That's my plan with the 5k. Did I overreach? Should I have gone for 3 or 4?:p

Jumpy
05-29-2008, 11:14 PM
That's my plan with the 5k. Did I overreach? Should I have gone for 3 or 4?:p

It depends on your "start date". 1982ish?

du freeper
05-29-2008, 11:14 PM
I think I was around 2500 or so. :(

Shannon
05-29-2008, 11:16 PM
I think I was around 2500 or so. :(

Whatever noob.:rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
05-29-2008, 11:16 PM
<gasps> No friggen way. MAYBE I was pushing 8k or so, but I would like my new post count to start at around 1k. Enough to make the newbs look up to me, and not so much to make them think that I have no life. :D

Don't forget you were posting here for a long time. We all know you have a life, Jumpy. I know that you had more than 3k. :D

du freeper
05-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Whatever noob.:rolleyes:

LOL, but I've been a member for at least three years. :D

I became a member back when Skinner was "DU Mole 007" and Gator was sporting a "I (heart) Israel" bumpersticker on the back of his car.

DarkHalo
05-29-2008, 11:20 PM

Now that I think of it you are prolly right. I wont be able to see any of the posts from back when me and TH were banned. Some things are definitely best left behind. :(

DarkHalo
05-29-2008, 11:21 PM
I just did it for her!!! :mad::D

Took ya long enuff. :p

DarkHalo
05-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Thank you soooo much, just restored it. Rather SR helped, well actually he did it all, have to tell the truth.. Can't tell you how grateful I am that you still had it. A trip back to Kanab, Utah would be very expensive to try to replicate that pic. :Dd

I'm pretty sure you would have about 20k. If you had kept posting at your old rate, you'd be up to about 50k by now.

Glad to have you back. :)

Actually I got it from NU. I remembered that you had used it there so I looked up your profile there and sure enuff it was there. ;)

on edit: I just noticed that my post count had jumped by about....20k or so. Thanks eeeeevul admin.:cool:

SaintLouieWoman
Now that I think of it you are prolly right. I wont be able to see any of the posts from back when me and TH were banned. Some things are definitely best left behind. :(
You're right. One thing it cleared out all the messages I had saved. I guess that's a good thing. :D

Jumpy

Yep!! hehe! The banning wasn't the worst of it. :D I'd be happy to leave some of my history behind too!! ha!

SaintLouieWoman
05-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Actually I got it from NU. I remembered that you had used it there so I looked up your profile there and sure enuff it was there. ;)
Thanks, haven't posted there for so long that forgot it was there. :o I forgot my password. Guess I should get it from them and check in from time to time. I felt funny doing it when CU was down---like I'd only go there as a second choice. Now I can go there with a clear conscience.

Gingersnap
05-29-2008, 11:26 PM

YOU ARE A LIAR! :D

Great shoes, though.

DarkHalo
05-29-2008, 11:26 PM
You're right. One thing it cleared out all the messages I had saved. I guess that's a good thing. :D

This gives the other forums a chance to catch up too. :eek:

megimoo
05-29-2008, 11:30 PM
YOU ARE A LIAR! :D

Great shoes, though.She is now credited with 5k.check the membership !

jendf
05-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Shannon, didn't you have more posts than me?

I thought I was around 6K or so and you had a couple thousand more?

ralph wiggum
05-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Shannon, didn't you have more posts than me?

I thought I was around 6K or so and you had a couple thousand more?

I think Shannon had passed me in March or April, and I know she has somewhere near 12K posts. Or was that Bijou.:confused::confused:

Of course, I could be wrong.

Let's hope the old database synchs up.

Full-Auto
05-30-2008, 02:39 AM
I had well over 10,000,000 posts. I'm so pissed right now. :D

05-30-2008, 06:29 AM

YOU.......are such a post whore.

Gern
05-30-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't care about my post count, since I didn't post much in the last couple of years. I can't even remember what it was.

I just would like my join date to be accurate, having been one of the original members back in Feb 2004.

The CU old guard. What's there like, 4 or 5 of us here? DarkHalo, SLW, Sara, Gator...

All the others are long gone...

SPYDER
05-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Ya, me too!!!! I know my post count had to be a least 15!!!!!!!!! I read all the time, but seldom post. I worked hard for 15 post!!!!!!!:)

CLibertarian
05-30-2008, 04:25 PM
My post count was in the vicinity of 1300.

DarkHalo
05-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't care about my post count, since I didn't post much in the last couple of years. I can't even remember what it was.

I just would like my join date to be accurate, having been one of the original members back in Feb 2004.

The CU old guard. What's there like, 4 or 5 of us here? DarkHalo, SLW, Sara, Gator...

Agree on the join date. Mine was Dec 2003.

Shannon
05-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Agree on the join date. Mine was Dec 2003.

And if you were sticking around I would be slightly impressed. Just slightly though.:p

SaintLouieWoman
05-30-2008, 07:46 PM
And if you were sticking around I would be slightly impressed. Just slightly though.:p

Hey, Shannon, speak with respect to your elders----in terms of CU longevity, of course. :D

DH was one of the pioneers here.

SaintLouieWoman
05-30-2008, 07:47 PM

Hey, Gern, good to see you. Stick around for a while, enjoy your posting. :)

Shannon
05-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Hey, Shannon, speak with respect to your elders----in terms of CU longevity, of course. :D

DH was one of the pioneers here.

*sigh*

Just because I didn't post until March of 2005 (really before that but then it crashed) doesn't mean I don't know who is who, Just giving him shit. Should I try to be nice? Is that what you're saying?:eek:

DarkHalo
05-30-2008, 07:54 PM

Ill always be in and out of CU. It was my home for a long time. I still have roots here.

Will it ever be same as it was before? No, too much history. But warts and all I still love the place. ;)

DarkHalo
05-30-2008, 07:55 PM
*sigh*

Just because I didn't post until March of 2005 (really before that but then it crashed) doesn't mean I don't know who is who, Just giving him shit. Should I try to be nice? Is that what you're saying?:eek:

And if I could find my walker and cane this old timer would give you young whipper snappers a thorough trouncing! :p

SarasotaRepub
05-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Everybody fixerated! :D

SaintLouieWoman
05-30-2008, 07:58 PM
And if I could find my walker and cane this old timer would give you young whipper snappers a thorough trouncing! :p
I've got a nifty black cane with a handle that looks like ivory (but isn't). I can always lend it to you, not using it. Was in a car accident, so decided to get a Fred Astair looking cane. It just wouldn't do to have an ordinary old-fart looking cane. :D

And Shannon, it wouldn't hurt once in a while to be just a little bit nice. Really, it doesn't hurt. Give it a try. :p

Shannon
05-30-2008, 07:59 PM

We hid your walker and cane. Try and keep up, old man.

Radix
05-30-2008, 09:42 PM

My first post!

DarkHalo
05-31-2008, 01:08 AM
We hid your walker and cane. Try and keep up, old man.

Back when I started here we had to use 14.4k modems and nobody had heard of broadband. Plus it was uphill both ways! In the snow! And we were barefoot! And we were glad to have it too....*snoring noises as I drift off to sleep again..."

DarkHalo
05-31-2008, 01:15 AM
I've got a nifty black cane with a handle that looks like ivory (but isn't). I can always lend it to you, not using it. Was in a car accident, so decided to get a Fred Astair looking cane. It just wouldn't do to have an ordinary old-fart looking cane. :D

And Shannon, it wouldn't hurt once in a while to be just a little bit nice. Really, it doesn't hurt. Give it a try. :p

I see the old timers all the time with those terribly "functional" looking canes. The worst are the ones with the 4 little feet with rubber pads on them. They look quite institutional.

I would want one like Lon Chaney used in the Wolfman movies with the silver wolfs head on the cane.

One of my great fears is to suddenly find myself one of those bitter unhappy old grouches all dour looking that you see everywhere. Ive warned my kids that I will likely ask them to score me a bag of vicodins and a couple 40 ouncers to go out with a smile on my face if life ever comes to that for me.

Gern
05-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Hey, Gern, good to see you. Stick around for a while, enjoy your posting. :)

Thanks SLW--I'll try to post more. Much busier IRL these days then I was way back then. Life has changed a lot.

Gern
05-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Everybody fixerated! :D

Thank you, Dark Lord of the Pith!

IanMartins
06-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Please sync this account up with my previous one, called "JMartins".

Eagle
06-02-2008, 01:53 PM
+1 .

Bill inGA
06-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Please sync this account up with my previous one, called "JMartins".

While oyu are at it, synch up Bill in GA with Bill inGA.

Constitutionally Speaking
06-02-2008, 02:30 PM
I KNOW I had more than a dozen posts here!!

megimoo
06-02-2008, 02:44 PM
I KNOW I had more than a dozen posts here!!
It's only an ego trip !