PDA

View Full Version : NBC: Having a Child ‘Is One of the Worst Things You Can Do for the Environment’

Banacek
11-16-2017, 06:20 PM
In a provocative new essay, NBC News Think claims that science has proven that having kids is bad for the environment and therefore “having many children is wrong, or at least morally suspect.”

In an article titled “Science proves kids are bad for Earth: Morality suggests we stop having them,” bioethicist Travis Rieder argues that having a child “is a major contributor to climate change” and thus “everyone on Earth ought to consider having fewer children.”

In an ominous warning to parents, Rieder declares that we “need to stop pretending kids don’t have environmental and ethical consequences” before comparing the decision to have children to that of freeing a convicted murderer from jail.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/16/nbc-having-a-child-is-one-of-the-worst-things-you-can-do-for-the-environment/

Dlr Pyro
11-16-2017, 10:30 PM
“Science proves kids are bad for Earth: Morality suggests we stop having them,” bioethicist Travis Rieder argues that having a child “is a major contributor to climate change” and thus “everyone on Earth ought to consider having fewer children.”

does the word "extinction" mean anything to these morons?

ABC
11-16-2017, 10:36 PM
does the word "extinction" mean anything to these morons?

Obviously, not in the least!

Then again would be fine with me, if these particular fools would stop reproducing! :biggrin-new:

NJCardFan
11-17-2017, 12:41 AM
everyone on Earth ought to consider having fewer children.”
The left ought to lead by example. Every one of them should be sterilized so save the planet.

Dlr Pyro
11-17-2017, 09:19 AM
The left ought to lead by example. Every one of them should be sterilized so save the planet.That would eliminate the need for abortions as well. A twofer, I like it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DumbAss Tanker
11-17-2017, 10:30 AM
I'm sure they have some completely hypocritical and superficially self-serving reason for not offing themselves, then.

noonwitch
11-17-2017, 01:49 PM
Sometimes I wonder if people write articles like this just to get attention.

JB
11-17-2017, 11:27 PM
I thought cows were the problem. We should kill and eat them. I'll start tonight.