PDA

View Full Version : Something new!

SarasotaRepub
11-19-2017, 09:49 PM
If you had invested in Bitcoin when it first came out...
You'd be stinking rich today.

Bitcoin is near 8K a coin! 8K!!!

And there are many others, some junk/scams,
others that meet a need.

Let's talk about them here.

Retread
11-19-2017, 11:44 PM
I don't get cryptocurrency at all and at my age it's probably a bad idea anyway.

Rockntractor
11-19-2017, 11:54 PM
I read not long ago that the people of Venezuela like it since their currency collapsed, there are probably lots of third world countries using it that have unstable currency.

SarasotaRepub
11-20-2017, 12:48 AM
I read not long ago that the people of Venezuela like it since their currency collapsed, there are probably lots of third world countries using it that have unstable currency.

Yep. Once you move your assets into say Bitcoin, you can access them
anywhere on the planet, in secret.

It's a real interesting way of moving $$$ around and it can make
you rich, which is a bonus!!

They are very volatile though. Last week I saw Bitcoin go from the 7K's
down to the 5K's, per coin in a matter of a day or so. Then it went
right back up.

I'm just starting to get my feet wet, doing a lot of reading and YouTubing
, really cool stuff...

cadillac shark
11-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Solid article on what to watch-out for... with emphasis on zCash and Monero:

Malware containing cryptocurrency mining tools can be relatively straightforward to detect using antivirus software, says Justin Fier, cyber intelligence lead for the security firm Darktrace. But illegal mining operations set up by insiders, which can be much more difficult to detect, are also on the rise, he says—often carried out by employees with high-level network privileges and the technical skills needed to turn their company’s computing infrastructure into a currency mint.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609031/hijacking-computers-to-mine-cryptocurrency-is-all-the-rage/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2017-11-19&utm_campaign=Technology+Review

DumbAss Tanker
11-20-2017, 08:27 AM
Too bubble-ish for my taste, and vulnerable to governments stepping in to muck it up by either internet controls or 'New interpretations' of money-laundering statutes.

SarasotaRepub
11-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Mariam Nishanian, Dentacoin Foundation

Oct. 11, 2017, 6:00 PM

More will be added as time goes on,
I think these are here to stayl

LINK (http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-price-8-surprising-places-where-you-can-use-2017-10/#expediacom-1)

FlaGator
11-20-2017, 10:52 AM
I have been investing in cryptocurrency for a while now. Although I haven't had one of the mega returns I have done pretty good. The currencies that I have are Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple, and Ethereum. These are pretty stable (as stable as things can be in a very speculative market). Dealing with the taxation of profits is a headache. Keep a journal or spreadsheet of all transactions showing profit, losses, and expenses.

Mostly don't invest what you can't afford to lose.

SarasotaRepub
11-20-2017, 08:04 PM
I have been investing in cryptocurrency for a while now. Although I haven't had one of the mega returns I have done pretty good. The currencies that I have are Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple, and Ethereum. These are pretty stable (as stable as things can be in a very speculative market). Dealing with the taxation of profits is a headache. Keep a journal or spreadsheet of all transactions showing profit, losses, and expenses.

Mostly don't invest what you can't afford to lose.

I have Ripple and a tiny one in Ethereum.

My 1st transaction was a test buying $10.00 in Bitcoin. LOL, I even
made a dollar and change when I tested selling. :greedy_dollars:

Finding a good Exchange to buy/sell cryptos is also important.
Gemini is the 1st one I used as it lets you deposit USD via
ACH transactions which is very easy and cheap. A lot of Exchanges
will only accept Wire Transfers which run about 30 bucs but you
may not have a choice till you acquire one of the major
Cryptos and start moving them around to Exchanges that
buy/sell the cryptos you want. I also use Kraken and
Bittrex as they aren't bad.

Can you image having bought Bitcoin when it was just
pennies??? I just looked and BTC is over 8K a coin today!!

Retread
01-06-2020, 11:34 AM
Huummm??

John McAfee, the controversial computer antivirus mogul and an influential voice in the cryptocurrency community, predicted the price of Bitcoin would reach $1 million by the end of 2020. McAfee posted the estimate in November 2017, about three weeks before a crash would erase 83 percent of value over the next year. Bitcoin has recovered somewhat, but the current price of about $7,200 is far from McAfee’s magic number.

SarasotaRepub
01-06-2020, 02:30 PM
Huummm??

John McAfee, the controversial computer antivirus mogul and an influential voice in the cryptocurrency community, predicted the price of Bitcoin would reach $1 million by the end of 2020. McAfee posted the estimate in November 2017, about three weeks before a crash would erase 83 percent of value over the next year. Bitcoin has recovered somewhat, but the current price of about $7,200 is far from McAfee’s magic number.

LOL, John isn't right in the head a lot...:biggrin-new:

Retread
01-06-2020, 07:13 PM
LOL, John isn't right in the head a lot...:biggrin-new:

You talking about an alligator mouth and a hummingbird a$$ type?