PDA

View Full Version : Fill'er Up Friday

linda22003
12-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Today, a clear and crisp day in Washington, is the 75th anniversary of the ratification of the 21st Amendment, which ended the horrible experiment of Prohibition.

TOTD: My first new year's resolution, after the holidays are over, is to spend some quiet January days re-reading the Federalist Papers. I haven't done that for a few years, and it's time for another visit to the Founding Fathers.
What do you think you should do, and/or recommend to others, to refresh our knowledge of our civic rights and responsibilities?

Gingersnap
12-05-2008, 10:01 AM
It's 7 F here but the snow has stopped and the sun is out.

TOTD: I'm looking forward to reading Bill Bennett's The American Patriot's Almanac. It's composed of 365 entries about American history. If I get depressed, however, I may just skip the civic duty angle and go straight to the damnation with Sinners At The Hands of An Angry God. :D

linda22003
12-05-2008, 10:03 AM
I may just skip the civic duty angle and go straight to the damnation with Sinners At The Hands of An Angry God. :D

I thought that was Jonathan Edwards.... :)

Gingersnap
12-05-2008, 10:04 AM
I thought that was Jonathan Edwards.... :)

It is. It's okay to admire both authors. I'm all about that diversity thingy. :p

movie buff
12-05-2008, 10:48 AM
I could always reread the excellent book 'Under God,' by Michael Tait and Toby Mac.

FlaGator
12-05-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm rereading the loading and cleaning instructions for my AR-15.

Shannon
12-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Not really TOTD but Tristan has to do a project on someone that changed the world. He chose Reagan. Hehe.:D His SS teacher is a crazy lib. This will be fun.

JB
12-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Not really TOTD but Tristan has to do a project on someone that changed the world. He chose Reagan. Hehe.:D His SS teacher is a crazy lib. This will be fun.I did a paper on Reagan in graduate school. It's top notch and for sale. :D

TOTD: I thought the thread title was going to have something to do with gas. I paid $1.79 yesterday. woot.

Speedy
12-05-2008, 08:10 PM
I'll read Unintended Cinsequences by John Ross. I have read it every couple of years since I was first introduced to it in prison. In prison it was considered contraband and any copy found was always quickly confiscated. I kept my copy in the chapel.