PDA

View Full Version : Lauer seeking $30 million after firing: report

Banacek
12-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Lawyers representing former NBC host Matt Lauer are reportedly seeking to get the longtime anchor upwards of $30 million after he was fired this week over allegations of sexual misconduct.

Page Six reports that Lauer's team is seeking for NBC to pay the host for the remainder of his $20 million-per-year contract, which still had a year and a half left before he was fired.

“They are currently looking at his contract and determining whether the claims against him, which clearly would affect any moral clause in his contract and his ensuing termination would cut off his contractual rights to be paid through to the end of his contract," a source close to Lauer's team told the outlet.

Morality clauses are often added to contracts, allowing companies to fire employees for publicly embarrassing situations that damage the company's image

If he loses the lawsuit he should try to become an NFL player and get other players to kneel for his cause.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/362702-lauer-seeking-30-million-after-firing-report

noonwitch
12-01-2017, 03:12 PM
He's hoping for a settlement out of NBC, because he is probably going to be settling a few lawsuits of his own in the near future.

Sunsettommy
12-01-2017, 03:27 PM
To me, allegations are not the same as being guilty.

NBC better have a good reason for firing him over rumors,otherwise he will win his case for the rest of the money.

Retread
12-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Make him a three sport dipshit: Let Jason Krels pass his face down the middle of the interstate for about 100 km or so and send it off to Kylie Irving who can dribble it another hundred. Finally, get him on his knees and use his head as a T-ball practice stand for the seasonal halftime show.

Rockntractor
12-01-2017, 11:25 PM
If he loses the lawsuit he should try to become an NFL player and get other players to kneel for his cause.

I think there were already many people that knelt for his cause.

Apocalypse
12-01-2017, 11:36 PM
He's not asking for $30 mil.

He's warning that is what he wants.

Lauer has names and knows he wasn't the only one with problems of keeping his pants up at NBC and he's been making it clear he'll talk if he doesn't get the money.

Ole Cowboy
12-02-2017, 10:33 AM
All these folks getting fired and walking out the door with millions!

maybe this???

Hey this is Matt, I’m tired of this gig. You tell the front office I dropped my drawers in front of you in my private off. They will fire me, I will sue for say $30M large, you get $10M large...deal?

Sunsettommy
12-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Has anyone been able to back up the allegations that he did them?

Not trying to support Matt,just want to run on real evidence that it happened.

Have I missed something?

SaintLouieWoman
12-02-2017, 02:07 PM
Probably his ratings were down and it might have seemed at the time to the "suits" that it was a good way to get rid of him. Lauer just looks like a nasty, vicious guy. Haven't watched that show in years.

I really like Fox's morning show, especially Steve Doucey. His dad was a manager of a small motel in Abilene, Kansas, a very nice guy who was so proud of his son. There was a little restaurant in the building plastered with pics of his son.If Steve Doucey is half as nice as his dad, he's a prince. Mr Doucey Senior came running to the hotel room himself when called to say the AC wasn't working right. He carried down a fan to help til it was fixed, what a nice guy.

Was in Abilene several times for greyhound gatherings, which were so much fun. The dogs got to race on the training track and there were dinners in a hall where the dogs got to be with us. What a sight---people all over with dog beds scattered throughout, with the lazy hounds just relaxing on their beds.

Apocalypse
12-02-2017, 03:33 PM
Probably his ratings were down and it might have seemed at the time to the "suits" that it was a good way to get rid of him. Lauer just looks like a nasty, vicious guy. Haven't watched that show in years.

His ratings are the highest of all the personalities at NBC. Him leaving is a serious blow. And wispers around there is that Megyn Kelly might just get his spot now.

As to why all of a sudden. A reporter at the NYTs was working on a two month long article digging deep into Lauer and was about to publish it, and the high-ups wanted to get ahead of this before that article broke.