PDA

View Full Version : Airport introduces karaoke for a more horrific travel experience

bijou
12-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Just when you thought airport departure lounges couldn't get any more nightmarish, Bush International Airport in Houston, Texas is setting up karaoke booths for travelers, just in time for the holidays.
For the past two years, officials have invited choirs and bands from high schools and churches to perform at Bush and Hobby airports during December. Karaoke seemed the next logical step, said Caroline Schneider, assistant airport manager for customer service.
...link (http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?Airport_introduces_karaoke_for_a_more _horrific_travel_experience&in_article_id=434120&in_page_id=2)

Of course any prospective singer does need to remember karaoke etiquette...

A man has been stabbed to death by customers at a Malaysian karaoke bar for singing too much and refusing to share the mic.
link (http://www.metro.co.uk/news/world/article.html?Karaoke_hogger_killed_for_singing&in_article_id=434112&in_page_id=64)

Gingersnap
12-05-2008, 02:37 PM
I feel conflicted here. Is it better for the standard-issue flying psycho to lose it in the air and do a beat down on a stewardess or would we save time by having one flip out on the concourse?

It's a puzzler, all right.

bijou
12-05-2008, 02:47 PM
I feel conflicted here. Is it better for the standard-issue flying psycho to lose it in the air and do a beat down on a stewardess or would we save time by having one flip out on the concourse?

It's a puzzler, all right.

Of course concourse karaoke may tip a previously controlled person right over the edge into a stabbing frenzy. Not that I would feel like that after being trapped inside with a karaoke machine for hours, oh no ...

Gingersnap
12-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Of course concourse karaoke may tip a previously controlled person right over the edge into a stabbing frenzy. Not that I would feel like that after being trapped inside with a karaoke machine for hours, oh no ...

You've always been kind of stabby, Bijou, even under the best of circumstances. :D

BSR
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Wow, I need to take a break from the computer. I thought I clicked on the Dog saves Dog thread and started to read the replies. I couldnt for the life of me figure out what the fuck everyone was talking about.. :confused: