PDA

View Full Version : Politico Magazine Editor Argues Chelsea Clinton Should Run for Senate in Arkansas

Banacek
12-05-2017, 03:31 PM
A Politico Magazine article published Sunday urges former presidential daughter Chelsea Clinton to run for Republican Sen. Tom Cotton's seat in Arkansas.

Bill Scher, a contributing editor to Politico Magazine and co-host of the Bloggingheads.tv show "The DMZ," argues that "Clinton Should Run for Cotton's Senate Seat," remaining intentionally vague in his headline about which Clinton he is referring to.

Scher relays the rumor that Cotton might soon be tapped to run the CIA if current director Mike Pompeo replaces beleaguered Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

"If Arkansas Democrats want to field a serious Democrat, there's only one name to consider. I'm talking, of course, about Clinton," he writes

http://freebeacon.com/politics/politico-magazine-editor-argues-chelsea-clinton-run-senate-arkansas/

Dlr Pyro
12-05-2017, 04:32 PM
isn't she a resident of New York?

noonwitch
12-05-2017, 04:59 PM
isn't she a resident of New York?

I don't think she's ever lived in Arkansas as an adult. She was a young teen or tween when they moved to DC in 1993, and was an adult when her parents moved to NYC in 2001. She was living in NYC on 9-11.

She could run for her mother's old seat, or challenge Schumer for his. LOL.

Apocalypse
12-05-2017, 08:00 PM
I don't think she's ever lived in Arkansas as an adult. She was a young teen or tween when they moved to DC in 1993, and was an adult when her parents moved to NYC in 2001. She was living in NYC on 9-11.

She could run for her mother's old seat, or challenge Schumer for his. LOL.

I don't think she has to have been a long term resident, their state rules simply state "Resident" but no length in how long, so she could conceivably just buy a house there like Hillary did in NY and claim she is now a "Resident".

Rockntractor
12-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Ugh!:DDsmilie_panic:

Apocalypse
12-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Ugh!:DDsmilie_panic:Keep in mind, this is Arkansas we're talking about. Where there is only ONE Democrat who holds office in the ENTIRE state.

Retread
12-06-2017, 12:26 AM
Keep in mind, this is Arkansas we're talking about. Where there is only ONE Democrat who holds office in the ENTIRE state.

I'll have too look at that, when I left in '76 there were a lot more.