PDA

View Full Version : LiAngelo Ball’s shoplifting excuse: My teammates did it first

Banacek
12-05-2017, 03:50 PM
LiAngelo Ball is speaking out at length for the first time since his shoplifting arrest in China — and he is throwing his now-former UCLA teammates under the bus, claiming he was just following their lead during an incident last month.

Ball confirmed on NBC’s “Today” show that he’s decided to leave UCLA after his indefinite suspension following the shoplifting arrest in China last month with fellow freshman teammates Jalen Hill and Cody Riley. The detained players were allowed to return to the United States after President Donald Trump said he spoke with Chinese President Xi Jinping and secured their release. Ball appeared on the show early Tuesday with his outspoken father, LaVar, and admitted to shoplifting, but only after others did first, he said.

“We all went out one night, went to the malls, went to the Louis Vuitton store and, uh, people started taking stuff, and then, you know, me just not thinking and being with them, I took something too,” Ball said.

Ball said he and his teammates then left, assuming they’d “just get away” without any repercussions, thousands of miles from their home.

Excellent college material

https://nypost.com/2017/12/05/liangelo-balls-shoplifting-excuse-my-teammates-did-it-first/

Dlr Pyro
12-05-2017, 04:25 PM
After hearing the crap his father doles out, I can see where he gets his values from.

Angry Old White Man
12-05-2017, 05:33 PM
He left UCLA because his free ride to a diploma was suspended, obviously he has shit for brains so to even think he could pass an entrance exam would be pushing the envelope pretty far.

FlaGator
12-05-2017, 05:50 PM
He left UCLA because his free ride to a diploma was suspended, obviously he has shit for brains so to even think he could pass an entrance exam would be pushing the envelope pretty far.

Which means he's well qualified to play for the NBA.

Old n Grumpy
12-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Trump should have left them all there to face the music.

DumbAss Tanker
12-06-2017, 10:47 AM
After hearing the crap his father doles out, I can see where he gets his values from.

My exact thoughts on this.

noonwitch
12-06-2017, 01:35 PM
My mom's response to "Everyone else was doing it" is "If everyone jumped off a cliff, would you follow them?". I'm pretty sure everyone else my age's parents had similar responses.