PDA

View Full Version : Children Committing Suicide

NJCardFan
12-08-2017, 08:29 PM
It's no longer a teen problem. Now tweens and younger are committing suicide. Over the weekend there were 2 cases. A 10 year old hung herself and the kids who were bullying her mocked her suicide. Another hit much too close to home. A guy I've worked with for almost 14 years and who I went to the academy with, his son committed suicide on Sunday. They buried him today. I went to the viewing last night and even though I never met his son, I nearly lost it when I looked at the face of my colleague. I've never seen such a look of devastation. And the line into the funeral parlor was out the door and wrapped around the building. The kid's classmates were there as well. Dozens of them. I only wish he knew how many people cared about him because the support this family got from both the school and the prison was overwhelming. But back to the subject at hand. What is going on with these young kids killing themselves? And what can be done about it?

noonwitch
12-11-2017, 10:29 AM
Pressure on kids is strong sometimes. It always has been to some degree, but social media has changed everything. I am shocked by the things that occur online in my sister's small town community among the high school kids. I have no idea what the younger kids are up to. I don't think the parents are paying attention, but what the kids talk about online, they are doing in real life.