PDA

View Full Version : Strap Yourself In For This: Being Hungry Is Racist

Banacek
12-17-2017, 05:10 PM
Thankfully I am writing this article after I already had my lunch or else I might have been guilty of racism. Just when I thought the liberal redefinition of racism couldn’t get any more stupid, they now say being hungry is racist or maybe hunger causes racism. I’m not sure but I don’t think that distinction makes this any less ridiculous; the need to eat is being equated with the systematic oppression of minorities and that’s crazy no matter how you look at it.

On Medium a couple days ago, this turd was stinking up the joint: New Study Shows Oakland Cops Are More Racist When Tired or Stressed

Followed immediately by this:

When officers skip their meal breaks, blacks are targeted even more disproportionately than usual.

See, someone really is claiming that hunger causes racism. And how exactly does this “bombshell” revelation come about? Well, there was a study, which applied all of the principals of liberal science to prove this point:

[The study] reveals that at times when police are likely stressed and fatigued, officers stop, search and handcuff African Americans at higher rates than people of other races.

In other words, cops are more racist when they’re stressed.

Now here’s where food comes in:

Most Oakland police officers work 10-hour shifts. They are supposed to take a 30-minute break; however, it is common to skip the break…the data reveals what happens when officers work straight through their 10-hour shift without taking a break. By the fifth hour of continuous duty, the rate at which blacks are pulled over increased to 66 percent of all traffic stops. The effect shown in her study correlates to how long the officer has been working their shift.

Meanwhile, the rate at which officers stop whites and people of other races remains flat for the entire 10-hour shift.

Ideally, officers would take their prescribed 30-minute meal break, but the OPD is severely short staffed, and officers are perpetually behind in answering service calls.

Which leads to, “the growing body of evidence that people are less able to control their implicit biases and unconscious stereotypical thinking when they are stressed, hungry or fatigued

https://downtrend.com/strap-yourself-in-for-this-being-hungry-is-racist/