PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis reducing police psych standards as too many minority candidates rejected

Banacek
12-17-2017, 05:17 PM
Too many minority candidates are being rejected by the Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) for not passing the psychiatric evaluation, despite the low standards set for the assessment. Now, the city may fire its police psychology evaluator due to the low number of minority candidates.

Psych evaluations are already set “far below the national standard,” according to The Daily Caller. After a recent high-profile police shooting -involving officer Mohamed Noor and shooting victim Justine Damond- the city launched an evaluation of its psychological standards for police

Psych evaluations are racist !

http://dennismichaellynch.com/minneapolis-reducing-police-psych-standards-as-too-many-minority-candidates-rejected/

noonwitch
12-18-2017, 10:34 AM
I don't think psych evals are racist. I think some are stupid, though. I think, for example, the MMPI has it's limits because it's a projection-based personality test. But the Weschler Intelligence test is very useful.