PDA

View Full Version : 9th Circuit Appeals Court Judge RESIGNS Over Sex Allegations

Banacek
12-18-2017, 02:31 PM
A judge on the uber-liberal 9th Circuit Appeal Court, Alex Kozinski, resigned today after 9 women accused him of sexual misconduct allegations:

Alex Kozinski, a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, resigned Monday in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations, The Washington Post reported.

I cannot be an effective judge and simultaneously fight this battle. Nor would such a battle be good for my beloved federal judiciary. And so I am making the decision to retire, effective immediately, Kozinski said in a statement to The Post.

The newspaper reported last week that several women accused Kozinski of making sexual comments, touching them inappropriately or kissing them without consent.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/9th-circuit-appeals-court-judge-resigns-sex-allegations

Dlr Pyro
12-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Hopefully President Trump can dilute some of the liberal silliness on this court with some conservative common sense.

SVPete
12-18-2017, 04:30 PM
Kozinski was a Reagan appointee, and I think he also penned some sane opinions. But he's been a known sexual improprieties trainwreck for years. On balance his departure was overdue. But as DP posted, now Trump has an opportunity to appoint someone solid, and DiFei and Kammy can withhold their blue slips until their faces turn blue, to no avail.

old dog
12-18-2017, 05:31 PM
Hopefully President Trump can dilute some of the liberal silliness on this court with some conservative common sense.

And we have to give that RINO twit, McConnell, credit for eliminating the "blue slip courtesy veto" which had been given in the past to Senators from the states in the district's jurisdiction.