PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing Video Reveals Horrifying Liberal Truth, 20,000 On Christmas Day

Banacek
12-28-2017, 04:03 PM
The liberal state of California is in trouble. Their homeless rate has skyrocketed recently and with it, problems such as the Hepatitis A epidemic are out of control. Yet the state seems to care less about their own people and more about immigrants, criminals, and of course fighting President Trump.

The shocking video, originally published on LiveLeak showed a dark and dismal picture of the high-priced city of Los Angeles on Christmas day. The brutal reality is one the 20,000 live with each day.

Just under three minutes, the footage showed places that most people, even those living in LA, never see. The notorious Skid Row district is where many of the homeless congregate in the city. Bags of rubbish are piled high on the sidewalk and even in the streets.

https://25002-presscdn-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/la.jpg

Tents line the roads, used by many as homes to provide a little protection at night. The homeless residents of the desolate place wander the streets, gather in small groups, and venture into the streets, seemingly oblivious to any traffic.

The streets are 5th, 6th, and San Pedro in LA’s central business zone. It is considered one of the most dangerous areas of the city.

A report in June entitled “No Place To Go” highlights some of the grittier aspects of one of the poorest areas in the country.Nine toilets are shared by 1,777 “residents” between the hours of 9 pm and 6 am.

https://conservativedailypost.com/disturbing-video-reveals-horrifying-liberal-truth-20000-on-christmas-day/

SVPete
12-28-2017, 05:07 PM
And there are no similar places in "red state" major cities? Not in D-FW? Not in Houston? Etc., etc., etc. Or small towns? You and I both know better, in our honest moments.

Consider: If you believe HilLIARy's denunciation of 1/4 of American voters alienated large numbers of American voters, why do think that the incessant California-bashing so ubiquitous on conservative discussion site won't have the same effect on the appeal of conservative ideas to California voters?! Why do out-of-state conservatives back-stab the efforts of conservatives who do live in California?!

Maybe STHU with the California-bashing and think about it for a few minutes!

FlaGator
12-28-2017, 10:11 PM
I can tell you that there is no place with that many homeless gathered in one place in my area of Florida. We have our share of people living on the street and some tent cities in wooded areas but there is nothing like that mass of humanity wondering the streets of LA. This says nothing about the conservatives who live in California but about the liberals in power who create the conditions for something like that to occur.

NJCardFan
12-29-2017, 04:54 AM
The fact is, there isn't a city that hasn't been under Democrat rule for decades that isn't a festering crime ridden shithole. Not one.

SVPete
12-29-2017, 10:16 AM
I can tell you that there is no place with that many homeless gathered in one place in my area of Florida. We have our share of people living on the street and some tent cities in wooded areas but there is nothing like that mass of humanity wondering the streets of LA. This says nothing about the conservatives who live in California but about the liberals in power who create the conditions for something like that to occur.

The 20K number is for all of LA, the second most populous city in the US, and one of the more spread out cities in the US (about 469 square miles) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles#/media/File:LA_County_Incorporated_Areas_Los_Angeles_high lighted.svg). While it true that CA's social programs and LA's liberal governance make LA attractive to homeless people LA's climate of mostly dry and mild winters has long been a factor in attracting homeless people. The same is true of SF, BTW. Another factor is LA's nearness to the border with Mexico. More recently, a Federal judge forced CA to release thousands of felons, and these felons have brought greater violence into the homeless populations of many cities, LA being the largest and most visible (number 2, 3, and 4 cities San Diego, San Jose, and SF are not that far behind in this).

The City of LA and the State of CA and its citizens did not ask a Federal judge to force the release of thousands of felons back onto the streets of CA!

The State of CA and its citizens did not ask a Federal judge to arm-twist a subsequent and consequent relaxation of sentences for "non-violent" felons.

CA and its citizens did not ask a Federal judge to devastate agriculture in the ~10,000 square mile San Joaquin Valley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Joaquin_Valley) through what amounts to a court-ordered drought (were the SJV a state, it would be larger than RI, DE, CN, NJ, NH, and VT!). It has driven numerous families off the farms they had farmed for multiple generations, and before people were forced to move away, in some towns unemployment was around 40%!

CA and its citizens did not ask for Federal enviro-regs to devastate CA's timber , fishing, and mining industries, nor for the regs' similarly consequent contribution to the housing shortages in major CA cities that cause CA cities' notorious crazy-high housing prices.

If it isn't obvious, I am FED UP with conservatives' blindered, ignorant, hate-driven Callifornia-bashing that makes ALL conservatives look ugly to Californians. Unlike most (probably almost all) of those ignorant, etc., California-bashing conservatives, I (and millions more like me!) have to deal with how ugly YOU all make US look!

Like I said above, STHU and learn a little before the next time you lash out in ignorance!

SVPete
12-29-2017, 11:00 AM
Oh, the next time you're about to click your mouse to post mockery of DU-grade Progs' stereotyping, straw-manning. and broad-brushing conservatives, go look at yourselves in a mirror!

wasp69
12-29-2017, 12:44 PM
If it isn't obvious, I am FED UP with conservatives' blindered, ignorant, hate-driven Callifornia-bashing that makes ALL conservatives look ugly to Californians. Unlike most (probably almost all) of those ignorant, etc., California-bashing conservatives, I (and millions more like me!) have to deal with how ugly YOU all make US look!

Like I said above, STHU and learn a little before the next time you lash out in ignorance!

I've got news for you, SVPete, this conservative lived in California, has been back and forth there many times over the years, and has seen the type of squalor and degradation that is addressed in the original post. If it bothers you so that the liberals have made life shitty for all Californians, throwing a fit about how it makes conservatives "look" when it's pointed out is probably not the best option.

I don't think you'll find one rational human being who blames conservatives for the ills of California.

SVPete
12-29-2017, 01:26 PM
I don't think you'll find one rational human being who blames conservatives for the ills of California.

Every damn one of the many conservatives who demonize Californians without recognizing that there are conservatives in California certainly do!

Is CA governance, as awful as it is, substantially worse than NY? IL? NJ? MA? WA? MD? Are LA's streets and miserable governance substantially worse than Phoenix, AZ? Denver? KC (MO or KS)? St. Louis? Chicago? Minneapolis-St. Paul? D-FW? Houston? Detroit? Cincinnati? Boston? NYC? Camden, NJ? Philadelphia? DC? Baltimore? Richmond? Atlanta? Miami? Memphis, TN? New Orleans? Recognize and clean up your own Hellholes before harping on the Hellhole called LA. Accomplish the clean-up and then you would have something better than childishly sing-songing, "Your Hellhole is worse than my Hellhole."

I've seen and more or less gently tried to correct their CRAP in two decades of participation in online forums and elsewhere. Well, 20 years of trying to reason with smug ignorant broom-painting conservatives hasn't worked. That faucet is still dripping. So now I've gone confrontational. Maybe cyber-smacks upside the head won't work either, but that tack not working is a no-change-made outcome.

FlaGator
12-29-2017, 02:00 PM
The 20K number is for all of LA, the second most populous city in the US, and one of the more spread out cities in the US (about 469 square miles) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles#/media/File:LA_County_Incorporated_Areas_Los_Angeles_high lighted.svg). While it true that CA's social programs and LA's liberal governance make LA attractive to homeless people LA's climate of mostly dry and mild winters has long been a factor in attracting homeless people. The same is true of SF, BTW. Another factor is LA's nearness to the border with Mexico. More recently, a Federal judge forced CA to release thousands of felons, and these felons have brought greater violence into the homeless populations of many cities, LA being the largest and most visible (number 2, 3, and 4 cities San Diego, San Jose, and SF are not that far behind in this).

The City of LA and the State of CA and its citizens did not ask a Federal judge to force the release of thousands of felons back onto the streets of CA!

The State of CA and its citizens did not ask a Federal judge to arm-twist a subsequent and consequent relaxation of sentences for "non-violent" felons.

CA and its citizens did not ask a Federal judge to devastate agriculture in the ~10,000 square mile San Joaquin Valley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Joaquin_Valley) through what amounts to a court-ordered drought (were the SJV a state, it would be larger than RI, DE, CN, NJ, NH, and VT!). It has driven numerous families off the farms they had farmed for multiple generations, and before people were forced to move away, in some towns unemployment was around 40%!

CA and its citizens did not ask for Federal enviro-regs to devastate CA's timber , fishing, and mining industries, nor for the regs' similarly consequent contribution to the housing shortages in major CA cities that cause CA cities' notorious crazy-high housing prices.

I live in Jacksonville, the largest populated city in Florida. Core population is over 800,000 and add the surrounding cities that are basicall suburbs and we have over a million people. Jacksonville has an area of 875 square miles. We have homelessness but it seems to be more manageable than what LA is experiencing. The freebies given out to the homeless and illegals exaserbates the problems California is experiencing. The sanctuary city/state label makes it even worse.

I am in no way knocking California or the people of California but until they decide that enough is enough and vote out the cabal in Sacramento then I suspect things won't get better.

I think that CA is a beautiful state with some great people who live there. One of my company's offices is in San Francisco and I love to visit there. Wouldn't want to live there but it is nice stay for a week or so. Look don't take the comments personal. I know how you feel, it being your home and all. I use to get up set with all the people posting stores of the constant weirdness that seems to eminate from Florida. Eventually I realize not to sweat it and that Florida is loaded with nuts of all varieties. Today there was an article on Drudge or Fox called "Florida Put the F in WT...". Its true.

Let's not have a state war here. Everybody has an opinion and everyone is intitled to their opinion. What the saying? Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one and they all stink. :smile-new:

wasp69
12-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Well, so much for an attempt at reason...

Every damn one of the many conservatives who demonize Californians without recognizing that there are conservatives in California certainly do!

Only in your fevered imagination is that happening.

Is CA governance, as awful as it is, substantially worse than NY? IL? NJ? MA? WA? MD? Are LA's streets and miserable governance substantially worse than Phoenix, AZ? Denver? KC (MO or KS)? St. Louis? Chicago? Minneapolis-St. Paul? D-FW? Houston? Detroit? Cincinnati? Boston? NYC? Camden, NJ? Philadelphia? DC? Baltimore? Richmond? Atlanta? Miami? Memphis, TN? New Orleans?

Deflection? Seriously?

Recognize and clean up your own Hellholes before harping on the Hellhole called LA. Accomplish the clean-up and then you would have something better than childishly sing-songing, "Your Hellhole is worse than my Hellhole."

Uh, yeah, because that's exactly what was being done in the OP...

So now I've gone confrontational.

No, all you've done is throw a fit on a thread where the failures of Moonbeam's utopia have been highlighted.

SVPete
12-29-2017, 02:24 PM
I think that CA is a beautiful state with some great people who live there. One of my company's offices is in San Francisco and I love to visit there. Wouldn't want to live there but it is nice stay for a week or so. Look don't take the comments personal. I know how you feel, it being your home and all. I use to get up set with all the people posting stores of the constant weirdness that seems to eminate from Florida. Eventually I realize not to sweat it and that Florida is loaded with nuts of all varieties. Today there was an article on Drudge or Fox called "Florida Put the F in WT...". Its true.

Yeah, I've heard the Florida bashing, but only in the last couple of years. I laugh at the stories about the idiotic stuff, but not at FL as a state. Idiots can be found wherever humans are found.

I know what you mean about SF. I've mentioned that I do races, 5K - half marathons. If I wanted to I could probably do at least one race a month in SF, but I don't do any. The logistics of getting to SF and finding parking in time to get my timing bib and stuff before a race just don't make sense for me. In other aspects of life I similarly avoid SF, for reasons ranging from the logistics of getting there through the realities of trying to get places in SF. The last couple of times I went there I took BART into SF, avoided hand rails on escalators and stairs climbing up to the street level (because of what homeless people do in the shelter of BART stations) and walked a half mile through the tenderloin (not the restaurant district, IYKWIM) to a consulate of Cathedral Hill. SF's lunatic politics don't encourage me to spend $$ there, and the habits of some SF denizens discourage me from interacting with them.

I'm not convinced any city in the US larger than 200K is THAT much better (plus or minus a few exhibitionists wandering around and visiting restaurants and bars sans pants and underwear).

wasp69
12-29-2017, 02:28 PM
I'm not convinced any city in the US larger than 200K is THAT much better (plus or minus a few exhibitionists wandering around and visiting restaurants and bars sans pants and underwear).

Then maybe you need to get out of California every now and again.

SVPete
12-29-2017, 02:33 PM
Well, so much for an attempt at reason...

Only in your fevered imagination is that happening.

Reason? :rotfl:

Search, for example, the Cave, CU, and The Politics Forums for comments on California doings. See how many posts write off California as an entirety, without the slightest recognition of its millions of conservatives. I think you've seen them, many times, without giving such post much thought. I've noticed them for two decades online. Long and often enough to admit to myself and be sure those posting such comments really meant exactly what they said, without hyperbole.

Banacek
12-29-2017, 03:27 PM
SVPete

The operative words in the title are "Horrifying" and "Liberal". I can't help it if the article is about California.

I would have posted the article and picture if it was from any city in any state that was badly afflicted with the disease of liberalism.

I, and I'm sure most of the other members here, are aware that there are conservatives in California. I would also believe the members are aware that conservatives are outnumbered and have been victimized by rabid judicial activism.

I think the article reinforces the concept of what extreme liberalism can do to towns, cities, counties and states.

I live in Connecticut. If you or the other members post something critical of Connecticut I would not criticize the poster for not being aware of the fact that there are conservatives here. Connecticut conservatives face the same obstacles as California. Look at the jerk who was governor and how badly the state budget is cratering.

I believe I (and others) have posted examples of outrageous nonsense in other cities and states. I have at least one to post today and the city (and state) in question is well away from California and, unfortunately, has become "infected" by liberalism as well.

As far as comments by posters here and inn other forums "writing off" California perhaps they are writing off the state of California as a state where some moderation of the current political environment might change any time soon.

SVPete
12-29-2017, 03:47 PM
Then maybe you need to get out of California every now and again.

Howzabout you check out the crime statistics for the cities I listed a few posts ago and get back to me on this.

wasp69
01-02-2018, 11:24 AM
SVPete

The operative words in the title...

A wonderful, eloquent post that will (unfortunately) not penetrate the Category 5 tantrum that prompted your words.

noonwitch
01-02-2018, 03:00 PM

Is CA governance, as awful as it is, substantially worse than NY? IL? NJ? MA? WA? MD? Are LA's streets and miserable governance substantially worse than Phoenix, AZ? Denver? KC (MO or KS)? St. Louis? Chicago? Minneapolis-St. Paul? D-FW? Houston? Detroit? Cincinnati? Boston? NYC? Camden, NJ? Philadelphia? DC? Baltimore? Richmond? Atlanta? Miami? Memphis, TN? New Orleans? Recognize and clean up your own Hellholes before harping on the Hellhole called LA. Accomplish the clean-up and then you would have something better than childishly sing-songing, "Your Hellhole is worse than my Hellhole."

I've seen and more or less gently tried to correct their CRAP in two decades of participation in online forums and elsewhere. Well, 20 years of trying to reason with smug ignorant broom-painting conservatives hasn't worked. That faucet is still dripping. So now I've gone confrontational. Maybe cyber-smacks upside the head won't work either, but that tack not working is a no-change-made outcome.

As far as Detroit is concerned, our homeless this week are either in shelters, staying temporarily with sympathetic friends or relatives, or, frankly, dead from exposure. It's really cold.

But there are always going to be people who won't go to shelters, especially in places where it's warm enough to survive living outside. Shelters make residents leave the building during daylight hours and the residents' stuff gets stolen. Shelters have rules against alcohol and drug usage.

I'm not judging CA, but I am recognizing that the warm weather keeps the more stubborn homeless out on the streets and away from the shelters and indoor bathrooms. In Detroit, we have an issue with Hepatitis among the homeless, but I don't think it's as much of a risk to the general public as it is in LA-we have a plethora of abandoned buildings in which the homeless can relieve themselves with some privacy, and not on a public street where anyone can walk through and get exposed.

RobJohnson
01-02-2018, 04:37 PM
SVPete

The operative words in the title are "Horrifying" and "Liberal". I can't help it if the article is about California.

I would have posted the article and picture if it was from any city in any state that was badly afflicted with the disease of liberalism.

I, and I'm sure most of the other members here, are aware that there are conservatives in California. I would also believe the members are aware that conservatives are outnumbered and have been victimized by rabid judicial activism.

I think the article reinforces the concept of what extreme liberalism can do to towns, cities, counties and states.

I live in Connecticut. If you or the other members post something critical of Connecticut I would not criticize the poster for not being aware of the fact that there are conservatives here. Connecticut conservatives face the same obstacles as California. Look at the jerk who was governor and how badly the state budget is cratering.

I believe I (and others) have posted examples of outrageous nonsense in other cities and states. I have at least one to post today and the city (and state) in question is well away from California and, unfortunately, has become "infected" by liberalism as well.

As far as comments by posters here and inn other forums "writing off" California perhaps they are writing off the state of California as a state where some moderation of the current political environment might change any time soon.

:applause:

RobJohnson
01-02-2018, 04:39 PM
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.g6H0wHzonNIhp6laXBvGwg&pid=Api

RobJohnson
01-02-2018, 04:44 PM
:popcorn:

NJCardFan
01-02-2018, 04:47 PM

You are one unhinged MFer. Every one of those cities has one thing in common: they've been under Democrat rule for decades. Name me one, just one, city or town that is majority white and conservative that is a festering crime ridden shithole. You won't find it. As for California, a majority of the state is a crumbling festering shithole. The fact you're arguing this is laughable. You can shit and piss, legally, in the streets in San Francisco. Tell me how that is rational? Compton and East LA are run by the gangs and the border is run by the cartels. But you keep getting pissed that we point this out.