PDA

View Full Version : Simple Joys.

Speedy
12-07-2008, 06:27 PM
The NFL on TV, a Big Gulp of Dr. Pepper in my hand and my daschund, Shorty in my lap. I'm happy without too much trouble.

Bubba Dawg
12-07-2008, 08:41 PM
True Dat, Speedster.

I was out of town the latter part of the week and the weekend. Just got in. I missed the down-time.

Crap, work tomorrow.

But the picture you painted is nice. :)

Speedy
12-07-2008, 08:53 PM
True Dat, Speedster.

I was out of town the latter part of the week and the weekend. Just got in. I missed the down-time.

Crap, work tomorrow.

But the picture you painted is nice. :)

There is truly a special connection between Shorty and me. I have never liked small dogs. I have always had German Shepherds, Catahoula Leopard Dogs, Huskies. Even a mutantly huge German Shepherd/St. Benard Cross. The smallest dog I had ever had was a Border Collie. But something just clicked between Shorty and me when he was in that box with the rest of the litter. I could not leave without him. We have two dogs in the family. Patches, Yvette's Border Collie who is just the most loveable dog you ever saw, smart as a whip and agile as a cat. He basically the family dog. Then there is Shorty who is MY dog and he wants and likes it that way.

Bubba Dawg
12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Funny about dogs. I can never remember a time when my family didn't have a dog. When I lived in Florida I didn't, but as soon as I came back and started living in the country instead of the city, we had dogs. They just showed up.

We had, literally, everything from a Chihuahua to s St Bernard, and everything in between. we took them all in as strays and gave them a home. We've had as few as four, and as many as fourteen. (Remember the old "If your porch collapses and kills more than 3 dogs, you may be a redneck..'?) We feed them and give them a home. Rescues all of them. They seem to find us.

Nothing like the love of a dog. And I know what you mean about a dog that just bonds with you. Really amazing, no matter the size.