PDA

View Full Version : Pope Francis Honors Dutch Abortion Activist with Pontifical Medal of Knighthood

Banacek
01-18-2018, 03:33 PM
Pope Francis has conferred the title of “Commander of the Pontifical Equestrian Order of St. Gregory the Great” on Lilianne Ploumen, a Dutch politician and vocal agitator for abortion rights.
Last year, Ploumen founded a pro-abortion organization called She Decides, which offers funding and support for international NGOs that provide, facilitate or campaign for abortion.

In an email to the Catholic Herald, Ms. Ploumen said that she was “very honoured” by the pontifical medal, which was sent via the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs last month.

In an interview with Dutch radio, Ploumen said she views the honor as a sign of the pope’s progressivism, as well as acknowledgement for her work in supporting abortion rights.

Ms. Ploumen said that the award came after much personal investment in contacts with the Vatican, which she defined as “lobbying.”

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/01/17/pope-francis-honors-dutch-abortion-activist-with-pontifical-medal-of-knighthood/

noonwitch
01-19-2018, 10:20 AM
Wow.

I myself am pro choice (also Protestant) but I really wouldn't expect a pope to go against the church's traditional stand on the issue. I know plenty of Catholics who are pro choice, too, but are also probably a little surprised on this one. I thought Francis might change some of the teachings regarding contraception or the ordination of women, but I really didn't expect him to honor an abortion rights activist.

Rockntractor
01-19-2018, 10:21 AM
Time for a stake and a pile of wood.