PDA

View Full Version : What? No Day Thread?

Gingersnap
12-08-2008, 12:43 PM
The reindeer have been deployed and they look fabulous. My neighbor Steve has apparently had more than enough of the 'Happy Holidays' meme. He's spelled out "Merry Christmas!" in a 50 foot long, 4 foot high multi-colored light extravaganza across his property. Take that, multi-culti atheist losers! Don't harsh Steve's Christmas mellow next year.

It's cold and we will get snow this afternoon.

TOTD: What's your most despised routine medical procedure/test. I have to go for the dreaded mammography this afternoon. If the the random guy-in-the-cardboard box/fake mammography machine could get it done in 2 minutes with accurate results, I'd take him over the current procedures. :rolleyes:

BSR
12-08-2008, 12:55 PM
If the the random guy-in-the-cardboard box/fake mammography machine could get it done in 2 minutes with accurate results, I'd take him over the current procedures.

http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/11/motorboat.gif

M21
12-08-2008, 01:02 PM
The reindeer have been deployed and they look fabulous. My neighbor Steve has apparently had more than enough of the 'Happy Holidays' meme. He's spelled out "Merry Christmas!" in a 50 foot long, 4 foot high multi-colored light extravaganza across his property. Take that, multi-culti atheist losers! Don't harsh Steve's Christmas mellow next year.

It's cold and we will get snow this afternoon.

TOTD: What's your most despised routine medical procedure/test. I have to go for the dreaded mammography this afternoon. If the the random guy-in-the-cardboard box/fake mammography machine could get it done in 2 minutes with accurate results, I'd take him over the current procedures. :rolleyes:

Get your snow shovel ready IT'S COMING!! :D

TOTD: The one I always forego during my annual physical with my Doc and so do most other men. The one that shant be mentioned.

BSR
12-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Get your snow shovel ready IT'S COMING!! :D

TOTD: The one I always forego during my annual physical with my Doc and so do most other men. The one that shant be mentioned.

I keep telling myself I'm too young for that test. I will be telling myself that until I die.

Gingersnap
12-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I keep telling myself I'm too young for that test. I will be telling myself that until I die.

LOL! I'm not completely sure how that works with guys but gals have the same dread of the "internal exam".
Do what I do. Tell your Doc that he or she has exactly 3 minutes to get it done or you will leap naked from the table and run down the hallway screaming, "Rape!".

Shortens up the procedure wonderfully and totally eliminates any small talk. :)

RobJohnson
12-08-2008, 01:34 PM
LOL! I'm not completely sure how that works with guys but gals have the same dread of the "internal exam".
Do what I do. Tell your Doc that he or she has exactly 3 minutes to get it done or you will leap naked from the table and run down the hallway screaming, "Rape!".

Shortens up the procedure wonderfully and totally eliminates any small talk. :)

:D

Light rain here for the past two days. It's 58 outside and I am ready for the sun to come back out.

TOTD: I do not enjoy blood draws. Have had too many people that did not know what they were doing leave my arms with bruises.

Shannon
12-08-2008, 01:40 PM
TOTD: I do not enjoy blood draws. Have had too many people that did not know what they were doing leave my arms with bruises.

I suspect they knew exactly what they were doing.

asdf2231
12-08-2008, 01:46 PM

2 years ago we were on vacation in Arkansas and we drove through one of those little five houses and a combination gas station/hair salon/ bait shop burgs. There was a sign up in front of the little village hall that said "Saturday Pancake Breakfast 9am. Mobile Mamograms starting at 11am." We did not have a camera with us but it took us about 10 miles to stop laughing. :D

As to the TOTD anything that has "Procto" or "Colon" in the title is on my list of Bad Things.

RobJohnson
12-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I suspect they knew exactly what they were doing.

LOL

:)

Troll
12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't really go in for regular checkups. I had some blood work and MRIs done about a year ago, but nothing terrible.

The most unpleasant things to me are the prostate and testicular cancer (I guess?) part of physicals. If I'm going to drop trou and let you put your hands in one thing and on another, at least run some warm water over them first. And even if you don't do that, at least give me a second to get acclimated to your frozen digits before you ask me to cough - I'm gasping for air right now.

Gingersnap
12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Well, I'm back after my date with the Robo-Crusher.

The temps here have dropped like a rock but we have only minor snow at this point. I'm going to goof around here for a little while and then face the dreaded Wrapping O' The Presents. Also, Scout ate a Toblerone candy destined for a stocking.

He'd better hope he starts pitching fits and getting ready to meet Jesus because I won't be too happy with him if lives. :mad:

biccat
12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Despite being too young for that test, I've had a couple done. It sucks royally.

On a related note, I have asked the doctor if there is an alternative way to check the prostate. Short answer was yes, longer answer was "Yes, we could go in from the front" :eek:

Gingersnap
12-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Despite being too young for that test, I've had a couple done. It sucks royally.

We've had some TMI moments in the Lounge but this just about beats them all. No pics, okay? :D

biccat
12-08-2008, 05:53 PM
We've had some TMI moments in the Lounge but this just about beats them all. No pics, okay? :D
It was certainly an uncomfortable procedure. Fortunately, the doctor had his hands on my shoulders at the time, which made it a little easier to bear.

(:D)

SarasotaRepub
12-08-2008, 06:39 PM
OMG! :eek:

You mean someone else forgot a day thread? :D
See Shannon???
:p