PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Group Says NFL Censored Pro-National Anthem #PleaseStand Super Bowl Ad

Banacek
01-23-2018, 06:22 PM
AMVETS officials are saying that the National Football League censored their TV advertisement because it criticized the league’s widespread protests against the country during the playing of the national anthem.

The nation’s largest veterans service organization was approached by the NFL to place an ad during the big game this year but when AMVETS submitted the ad containing the hashtag “#PleaseStand,” the NFL rejected it, according to the Army Times.

The ad, projected to cost the group $30,000, also featured veterans saluting the flag and ended with information on how to donate to the charitable organization.

AMVETS National Commander Marion Polk reported that the NFL rejected the ad but did not give a reason for the decision.

I'm sure this story will bring fans back to the NFL

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/01/23/veterans-group-says-nfl-censored-pro-national-anthem-pleasestand-super-bowl-ad/

cadillac shark
01-23-2018, 07:19 PM
Stunning.

It would only air once.

teresa margaret
01-23-2018, 08:12 PM
check out the NFL's new campaign:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/23/16922910/nfl-campaign-social-justice-lets-listen-together

Let's listen together, as long as it's not that "Please Stand" ad!

NJCardFan
01-24-2018, 07:53 AM
Stunning.

It would only air once.

It wasn't a TV commercial but a full page ad in the Super Bowl program.

SVPete
01-24-2018, 10:30 AM
Whatever moron(s) made that decision should be filing for UEI and for SSI disability payments for terminal stupidity. In one less than swift move the ad got more publicity than it it had been in the program, and football fans got a great big reminder of what kind of Equine Anuses NFL manglement are.

noonwitch
01-24-2018, 01:01 PM
I support the players' right to kneel during the national anthem. I also support the right of the Veteran's group to express their opinion in the program. It's free speech imo in either case.

Angry Old White Man
01-24-2018, 02:03 PM
It's a shame we can't ask all the dead people who fought and died for America how they feel about some ghetto thug kneeling during the national anthem,. there is no place for such actions unless you are a really sorry POS and all you have to do is look at the arrest sheets for most of these so called national hero s too sorry to stand and respect a symbolism of freedom ... I say piss on all of them and hopefully enough people turn it off and let them just dry up and go back to purse snatching which many did well even while in college. I haven't watched a game since they started the silliness, just obey the laws of the land and you will have no interaction with law enforcement, pretty simple concept but not for these thugs and morons ..

Old n Grumpy
01-24-2018, 03:12 PM
It's a shame we can't ask all the dead people who fought and died for America how they feel about some ghetto thug kneeling during the national anthem,. there is no place for such actions unless you are a really sorry POS and all you have to do is look at the arrest sheets for most of these so called national hero s too sorry to stand and respect a symbolism of freedom ... I say piss on all of them and hopefully enough people turn it off and let them just dry up and go back to purse snatching which many did well even while in college. I haven't watched a game since they started the silliness, just obey the laws of the land and you will have no interaction with law enforcement, pretty simple concept but not for these thugs and morons ..

Amen, My sentiments exactly. As a veteran from a long line of veterans, those spoiled ass holes can rot as far as I am concerned.